Respected Contributor

Re: Vegans, I need some recommendations

On 1/7/2015 redtabby said:

Rip Esselstyn has created a 28 day challenge at his Engine 2 webpage. Start date is Jan 12. It is called the Engine 2 diet because he used to cook for his firefighting team at the Engine 2 house. Yes, he did cook a vegan diet for fire fighters.

For more info on the challenge please visit http://engine2diet.com/ and http://engine2diet.com/28-day-challenge-2015/ . The challenge includes videos, email support, and a guide that you can download. The guide is pretty detailed about what to eat, nutrition, recipes, shopping lists, etc.

Love Esselstyn's books. Watch out for B12 and take a shot or get sublingual tablets.

I also like Forks over Knives and Chloe's Kitchen.

Honored Contributor

Here's another booklet from Kaiser that gives you more detail w/ meals, shopping, etc.

I'm so happy the entire Esselstyn family is HIGHLY recommended. In my above post, I gave Caldwell's interview, but below is a teleconference interview w/ his wife, Ann, and his daughter, Jane. They are so cute together.

Hope all this information helps guide you along your journey!

Ann & Jane Esselstyn Interview (call)

Kaiser Permanente` Plant Based Booklet

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for the great information. I agree with the comment about joining a group, unfortunately we live in a small town and the group here uses only the Hallelujah Diet. I forgot to mention that I am gluten intolerant and soy products cause breast pain for me. Do any of you order products online, and if you do would you mind sharing? I appreciate all the help. Thanks everyone

Super Contributor

I just stumbled on this one an hour ago, and it looks really good to me. He says in his intro:

Happivore began with a single crazy idea: “Man, wouldn’t it be cool if there was a website that had a delicious vegan version of every food on the planet, and a video showing how to make it, too? And while we’re at it, how about the cost, the nutrition, and…”

happivore dot com Anyone mention it yet?

I found it while looking for inspiration for making a simple red lentil Indian-spiced soup. (Making it for a person tonight who must eat fat-free.)

Good luck on your new journey. You may revert back to eating animals now and then, but don't lose the inspiration, get back up and move forward! - Bird

Super Contributor

Hacres.com great recipes, advice and testimonials. Also, good advice from Dr Mark Hyman and Dr Joe Mercola, don't know if they are vegans, but know a lot about eating healthy.
Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 midnight said: Hacres.com great recipes, advice and testimonials. Also, good advice from Dr Mark Hyman and Dr Joe Mercola, don't know if they are vegans, but know a lot about eating healthy.

Mercola is not vegan...anti-vegan. Healthy? He encourages saturated fats, which are not healthy on any diet. IMO, Paleo-pusher aside, Mercola would be the last person I would search out for healthy eating advice.