Honored Contributor

Vega Plant Based Protein Products

Has anyone tried any of their products? I found the bars, shakes & protein powder at Wal-Mart. I have tried the chocolate peanut butter bars & the chocolate caramel bars. I like both of them but like the pb bars better but not much pb taste.

Just wondering if anyone has tried the shakes or powder? I like the bars so much I bought all 7 boxes they had in stock. 

Contributor

Re: Vega Plant Based Protein Products

Hi!  As a plant-based eater I have used Vega for years!  I really like it!  The Vanilla Chai is my favorite Smiley Surprised)  XOXOXOXO

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I infrequently use powders....only plant based and well researched.  Brendon Brazier is an ironman triathlete and is very involved in his product Vega.  (I have his book Thrive and you might want to take a look if you are interested in vegan nutrition.)  I have Vega protein and greens.  He uses a combination of plant based proteins....a scoop is 20g of protein, 0 fat, 110 cal and both the vanilla and chocolate are tasty.  I also have illumin8 organic by Sunwarrior (if craving a hot drink in the morning, heat a cup of almond milk and add a scoop of Mocha).  I rarely use these products as I am more of a whole plant based person, but I think these products are very good powders.  (Costco recently started selling Vega...)  Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Has anyone tried any of their products? I found the bars, shakes & protein powder at Wal-Mart. I have tried the chocolate peanut butter bars & the chocolate caramel bars. I like both of them but like the pb bars better but not much pb taste.

Just wondering if anyone has tried the shakes or powder? I like the bars so much I bought all 7 boxes they had in stock. 

Hi, @Nightowlz. I'm very much into the plant protein shakes, Super Greens and Juices, and recently BEETS.

I'm now using the Q's Garden Fresh on both the plant protein and super greens. They're USDA approved, no sugar, no GMO. I've used different plant protein and green juices and am very happy with these and on A/D.

BEETS I've just purchased from Evine and the Dubrows. I like them for improved circulation, low blood pressure, and nitrites to enlarge arteries and get rid of placque.

The plant protein tastes good in vanilla. The greens and juices are hard to make taste good, like all of them. The beets (with the green top) are sort of ginger and mild flavor. They talked about a burst of energy after 20 minutes with the beets, but I find a "slight" energy boost.

All are a bit pricey, but well...they're everywhere.

Trusted Contributor

Has anyone used these protein shakes as a meal replacement or to help rid the feeling of midmorning hunger? I am lactose intolerant with a sensitive stomach. I have tried the beet powder and love the taste but I would like to add a protein shake. Any suggestions that can be gotten locally? Walmart, GNC, etc.