Respected Contributor

@BlueFinch   Yes, while I was there they set up my appoinment for the second shot.  They assured me they would have it.  Of course, regulations are changing daily so one can never say never.  I'm cofident because Dr. Fauci keeps saying that we can't change the timing of the second dose, so I don't think that protocal will change in my state.

The whole procedure could not have been easier...total time was 20 minutes.  That includes the 15 minutes they asked me sit in case there were any side effects.

Respected Contributor

@Travone Very good!  Glad your experience was swift and pleasant, AND, that you are promised the second dose.  You're on your way. 

Respected Contributor

I’m so jealous!  I wish my turn would come soon.  I was talking to my dental hygienist this morning and she got the vaccine last week at a drive thru.  She had an appointment and said it was very easy and quick.  The only side effect was a bit of a sore arm for a day. 

Super Contributor

I got mine yesterday.  The community where I live in florida offered it to anyone 65 and older, but if there were no shows, they were giving it to those younger.  Next dose is February 1.  I feel fine today.  Thank goodness.  

I pray everyone who wants it to be able to get it very soon.

Be blessed.

Super Contributor

I'm scheduled to get my first shot on Thursday! Yay!

Honored Contributor

@Travone That is so great that you are vaccinated! Congrats! I'm also happy for you that they scheduled your second shot right there and then.

They did not do that for DH when he got his first shot, just gave him a card with a date on it. We were a tad nervous about how he would have access to the second one--until we got the email a day or so ago that we were good to set up an appointment, which we did. So glad for you that you are good to go!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

My almost 86 yr. old mom got her first one today.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Travone thank you for the information...well appreciated.  Stay well.

Respected Contributor

I'm in MD and I get mine Friday. I'm in first group as I work in healthcare. The questionnaire is not lengthy. I filled it out online when I registered. Took me all of 5 minutes. Can't wait either...

My daughter is a nurse...got both shots. No issues at all. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Vaccine today

[ Edited ]

@Travone ~ I’m in Alaska.  I’m getting my vaccine this Wednesday.  I’m very grateful, as I was coming up with no available appointments for a couple of months.  My son did the research (computer) and found one available appointment, (probably a cancellation.)  Next appointments weren’t available until April, everywhere I checked.  So blessed to have such a caring son.  He is my ❤️