Respected Contributor

Annabelle, the thing people are asking you about is why you called your shot "inadequate"?

Respected Contributor

DH and I had first Moderna shot: just fatigue next day so we took it easy.  Second shot 3/30.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 We still don't know what you meant by "inadequate".

Respected Contributor

I get my 2nd Pfizer shot next week.  My arm was a little sore for one day after the first shot, similar to when I got a flu shot.  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 -

Did, you mean inadequate shot because you said it was maybe less strong than the J&J shot because it was maybe divided into 2 shotsinstead of one.

But then the nurse told you each shot had the same strength of serum.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I got the Pfizer 3 weeks ago - getting the second one today.  I was extremely tired that night.   My arm hurt for two days after.  Plus the second night I had chills and a headache.  Everyone is affected differently.  I'll take Tylenol tonight even though it usually does nothing for me.  

Trusted Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@DecorDiva wrote:

First moderna shot was fine, just a sore arm typical of a flu shot.  Second moderna shot Monday and I got pretty sick - fever, muscle aches, mild chills, headache, upset stomach and a really sore arm, becuase the pharmacist that administered it didn't do a good job.  I'm hoping I'll feel better tomorrow.

Huh?  What does the pharmacist have to do with the drug's side effects?

@vsm  - if the person administering the shot doesn't do it properly, it can result in the area around the injection site being very sore.  That's what happened to me - first shot, didn't feel it, not sore afterwards.  Second shot hurt going in and arm still sore after three days.  It's like people that draw blood - some do it better than others.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think she meant to say "inadequate".  Sounds like it was an error.

My hubby got his 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday.  He woke up during the night extremely achey and has a low grade fever and soreness in the arm this morning.  He is not one to complain so I know he isn't feeling well.    It could be way worse so he's just going to take it easy today.  He had zero issues with the first shot.  

I'm in the next pahse and am going on Monday for mine (1st).  I'm going to a different clinic so I am not sure what shot I am receiving.

Honored Contributor

Re: Vaccine shots

[ Edited ]

Maybe @Annabellethecat66  was referring to what others have called inadequate.  

My husband and I got the moderna. We got along fine.  My sister had flu-like symptoms with fever with her 2nd shot.  It lasted for about 2 days and she is fine now. 

I think we need to understand that everyone is different.  We are not cookie cutter people. 

I would like to add that it feels really good to know, at least for a few months, we can stretch a little more.  It's rather freeing, I think.  Freeing for us and freeing for those around us.  Most of us are probably taking some meds that have long term effects as so many of them do. Yet we take them.  Life is a risky business however we look at it so, I guess, one more risk (if it is), is nothing new.     

Honored Contributor

In regard to "inadequate" it appears Annabelle's explanation is that her computer is putting in words she never meant to post.