Respected Contributor

I'm scheduled for Moderna vaccine shot # 1 on 3/19/2021.  Hopefully all goes well !!!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 What did you mean by "inadequate"?

Honored Contributor

Re: Vaccine shots

[ Edited ]

The vaccine needs to be injected into the muscle (deltoid) and not the fat surrounding the upper arm. I've seen people getting vaccinated on TV where the person giving the shot is pinching the upper arm while putting the needle in. That is wrong and the vaccine could be useless when it's given that way. Immunity may not be achieved when the shot is not injected into the muscle.

"The importance of injecting vaccines into muscle"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1118997/

Respected Contributor

That's great that you got it.  I've heard that the Johnson & Johnson one is just not as effecient, that the two shot one is better. 

I would rather the one and done because that would just eliminate the need to go twice but if the two times is better well.....

I'm afraid.  My problem is, I just don't trust.  I lean on GOD and if He puts it directly in my path, I'll do it but if not, I won't.  I know some states are doing away with masks.  Ours is still in place.  I would always wear it and we're REALLY careful, we social distance and scrub our hands and all that.

Anyway, you're braver than I am.

Respected Contributor

Sorry to post twice.  I'm not trying to be smart.  I had to have back to back operations in 2018.  One appendix and one gall bladder removal.   My gall bladder was so loaded with stones tha the surgeon told my DH that he had to remove a lot of debris before removing the daggone thing.  It did not go well afterward.  I suffered greatly and had to go right back in for them to place a stent in there.  I had extreme pain so severely that round the clock I was just given morphine and dilaudid and other pain medicine.  I lost 25 lbs. in a couple of weeks.  Then, in one of the incision sites an infection developed.  I thought someone spilled water in the bed but my side was pouring what looked like blood plasma.  I began to run a fever.  I was shaking and having tunnel vision.  My vision was going "dark".  I thought I was gonna go....they began antibiotics through the IV.  It took days and it began to improve.  They put a dressing on the site.  It oozed for weeks.  Seriously, I suffered so badly that I was hoping I could die.  I've never encountered anything like that so having any kind of side affects seems intolerable right now.  I know having the disease it too so I guess it's the ol' catch 22.  I was in a well known and revered hospital too.  I could not believe that they were asking ME why I started running a fever.  oh boy....when I went back to the ER, I could not talk.  I almost fell on the ground, they ran at me with wheel chairs to get me in.  My DH had to talk for me as I was in so much pain I could not talk.  They whisked me in and started IV.  After that, I have no sound memory of what happened.  On the way over, the police asked DH what the problem was and if he could help.  I could not allow the car to go over 25mph, the bumps were causing the pain to be worse so by the time I got there, I almost fell on the sidewalk in front of the building.  After day and night cycles of just pain medicine and laying there suffering the pain attacks got further apart, I went home with strong pain meds but I didn't need them.  A turning point happened.  I REALLY thought I was going...I have a responsibility here on earth.  I can't go.  I had a dream, I was in BRIGHT light with tall green and purple reeds and hedge rows and I was communicating with people I could not see.  They asked me if I was completely healed.  I said NO.  I woke up talking.  It was weird.  After a few months I had to have the stent removed.  That went without incident and I was free of the whole thing.  Hey, thank you for listening.  I live with this thing and still can't keep the thought in my head for more than a minute of how unreal and hellish it was.  Still can't believe it.  Thank GOD DH was there to help me.  Thank you for listening...

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

"Inadequate  moderna shot yesterday"? Meaning???

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

First moderna shot was fine, just a sore arm typical of a flu shot.  Second moderna shot Monday and I got pretty sick - fever, muscle aches, mild chills, headache, upset stomach and a really sore arm, becuase the pharmacist that administered it didn't do a good job.  I'm hoping I'll feel better tomorrow.

Huh?  What does the pharmacist have to do with the drug's side effects?

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Congratulations! We both got our second Moderna shots last Wednesday. DH got a fever, chills and body aches overnight, but they cleared up by the next morning. I thought I'd gotten off Scott-free, but had a severe muscle spasm across my lower back Thursday afternoon. We were both fine 24 hours later. I hope you don't have any side effects.

BTW, Enquiring Minds want to know: what did you mean by "inadequate Moderna shot"?

Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@DecorDiva wrote:

First moderna shot was fine, just a sore arm typical of a flu shot.  Second moderna shot Monday and I got pretty sick - fever, muscle aches, mild chills, headache, upset stomach and a really sore arm, becuase the pharmacist that administered it didn't do a good job.  I'm hoping I'll feel better tomorrow.

Huh?  What does the pharmacist have to do with the drug's side effects?

Unnecessary or extreme side effects can result if the vaccine was put into the fat part of the arm instead of into the muscle. @vsm 

Honored Contributor

@on the bay  I didn’t see the thing you are questioning.  I have a terrible time using the iPad in this bedroom?  

The cursor jumps and/or disappears.  It puts in stupid words.  It will drop words....you name it and it does it.

I was saying though ( my idea); but kinda makes sense...that since the J &J shot is just one and ‘maybe’ since one shot, it is stronger than the other two where it’s divided up.

The nurses giving the shots said it’s the same amount of serum in each shot.

See what I mean?  I’m guessing.  I talk to strangers all of the time.  Especially in grocery store.  Not lengthy conversations.  Just a few quick minutes...one subject.

I do know a lot of people at the various stores I go into.  

It helps that that people think they know me ... but they don’t.  Most people are friendly and kind.  If you go thru life with that attitude I think it’s a lot easier to get and project a smile.

i always have the idea there’s a lot about the vaccine even the ‘powers that be’ doesn’t know about.

It probably makes a difference what kind of medicine people takes on a daily basis.

For instance, I’ve always taken Motrin for my Fibromyalgia.  It helps a lot.

The nurse giving the shot told me not to take it; but to take Tylenol instead.

She said I might not get as good or as much protection if I take Motrin because of the way it works.

I often get steroids shot into my back.  That’s a no no for at least two weeks before and after the vaccine shot.  My back Dr told me that.

I try to go back and read the post before I hit the send button, but I miss stuff.

One thing about me is that I like in depth conversations.  I see things as interesting and google just about everything.

If an argument makes sense to me I will change my stance on a subject.

I’m not a person who says “my way or the highway”.

That’s why I like coming here.  It is frustrating though because we are so limited.  But it’s QVC’s forum so they have a right to set the rules.

Sometimes I just have to take a break because it seems as if it’s more toddler oriented.

I love coming here and reading other people’s posts.

My daughter and I have very intense conversations because we are opposites on a number of things.  However I always tell her how much I enjoyed it because I feel like my brain is turning to mush for lack of stimulating conversation.

Stay healthy ladies.  Be safe you guys are awesome.