Respected Contributor

I'll bet you are hearing the stories too.

My 50 yo hairdresser friend got the vaccine bc her husband works at a retirement home and "they" had some extra for families.

I guess if you are well connected and can get the shot early, don't flaunt it on FB.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vaccine line cutters

[ Edited ]

Because of the storage and transportation issues with the vaccine it is not something that can be sitting around or sent back.  Would rather see it used than spoil.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not surprised. There will always be line cutters. They either know somebody or buy their way in. It's unfair to those of us who are waiting our turn.The facilities that do this should be held accountable.

In New York a medical facility was caught doing this. The Attorney General is now investigating.The Governor just signed an executive order that will be issuing fines up to a million dollars & possible loss of operating licenses to any facility found to be putting people ahead of the line.

QVC Customer Care
Trusted Contributor

Interesting to hear some of these stories and how the vaccine is being distributed.

I can tell you that my officemate's wife just got her first dose of the vaccine last week.  She is an ICU nurse at a major city hospital.  The vaccine was not offered to family members though.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We'll see this from all walks of society and all ages. I agree with poster who spoke of expiration of vaccine, so there could be situations where it's best to be used instead of wasted. Mask-averse and oppositional defiant Americans walk among us. However, giving a side eye helps with the frustration now and again.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@granddi 

The vaccine isn’t a magic cure and anyone who wants it is going to get it. The situation you mention isn’t “line cutters” but the retirement home had some vaccine that they couldn’t use. That is very different than what has been reported in NY.

Distribution of the vaccine is not well organized. It is a big mess and we can expect things to get worse. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It only makes sense to have families of those critical workers vaccinated at the same time since this vaccine may protect the one vaccinated but still allow them to transmit the virus to others so if they are exposed to it they should still isolate.  Also, I don't want to be one of the first and be a guinea pig because not much is known about long term side effects and how long the immunity is actually good for anyway so people may be thinking they have immunity and...

Honored Contributor

@granddi   I don't have a problem with this since the givers of this vaccine wherever it may be at any given time needs to use it all up. We cannot be wasting the stuff that's for sure.

Trusted Contributor

Kind of reminds me of the men who dressed up as women on the Titanic.  Can't stand cheaters.