Honored Contributor

Re: Vaccine Good News for a change

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

From Ron Klain WH Chief of Staff:

50 million shots given in the past 37 days - no other country has done it.

There are about 55 Million Americans who are over 65:

-- Six weeks ago only 8% had gotten a shot

-- Today almost 50% have gotten at least one shot

Long way to go, but don't get discouraged we are making progress.

Great news but when a 67 year old woman with Type 1 diabetes, 2 heart attacks and a stroke can find no place to get the vaccination because of being told it is her zip code, something is wrong.

Having spent hours on my computer, I have been turned down time and time again. When I asked yesterday on the phone, the man told me it was my zip code. He refused to clarify why. Three times this month I was told the same thing.

I tried everywhere but even when it says vaccines available, I plug in my town and it comes up with no vaccines available within 25 miles of your town. I asked to be on a waiting list and was told there was no such thing.

@Trinity11 

So has my 80year-old husband with 4 prior stents, quadruple bypass, 5-shot/day diabetes, pulmonary arterial hypertension, pacemaker in situ and continued atrial fib-flutter and s/p colon cancer.

@Nonametoday , I just don't get it. Are you also in New York? I just tried Walgreens and I got to where they ask first applicable statement which was age 65 and older. Told me they had it and to continue. Filled in my zip and was told there was nothing available. 

@Trinity11 

I'm in the southern state that Sherman went through like a tornado, killing anybody and everything in sight and burning down the rest.  But I am not from here.  I am from a most western state originally but love the weather here because it is more seasonal than California.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

About half the seniors in my community still have not gotten theirs while most of the healthcare workers have gotten theirs and some of the 50-age group have received theirs.  I don't know who is deciding what is given to and by whom but I heard the administraton is very upset that Florida is giving it to their seniors first, when they should be giving it to the most needy so there will be an investigation into Florida as to why they are giving it to the elderly first.

@Nonametoday 

I don’t know who are the ‘they’ and the ‘administration’ that you mention conducting an investigation but from Multiple media sources I understand that there was a ‘pop up kiosk’  in Palm Beach for those residents only.  

Hardly an area of ‘the most needey’. 

@Drythe 

You gotta keep up with the news and read everything, not just selective news.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Trinity11  I suspect many of us are in the same boat. Despite all the flowery prose in the 'national plan' it would appear that despite all the gilding of the lily, very little has opened up over the past month. Sooner or later it will, and whether we like it or not, it appears we're just going to have to wait for the supply chain to function... Sheesh, it's like looking for toilet paper all over again... From my perspective, your husband is right, it has been and continues to be poorly managed and believe me, his words are probably not all that different from mine. You're right, though, probably best to stay mum here... Smiley Wink

I only hope those of us forced to wait will, perhaps, have vaccine options. I suspect we won't, unless we wait a very long time, but hope springs eternal... I don't go out much anyway, but was so hoping to get this vaccine more quickly for my mother and me, so we might enjoy a few more outings than has been the case now for more than a year... I guess remaining virtual hermits is the only option...

Even if doses aren't available in your zipcode, do get registered with your health department and whatever other entities you choose... If you aren't registered you won't be on anybody's radar... Good luck to you and to all of us in at risk groups... It really shouldn't have unfolded this way; and while it won't make any difference, I'm sure, I plan to let certain officials in my area know my thoughts about how this is being managed, whether they want to know them or not...

@stevieb 

I am registered all over my state at every hospital and surrounding towns for 100 miles.

Honored Contributor

@Susan in California wrote:

@Bhvbum 

I was notified by mychart connected to my doctor's office just yesterday, and I was able to get an appt today.  I told several of

my friends in the 65+ age group, and all of them got appts as well.

When I arrived, there was a short line, social distanced, and

workers guiding along the way.  It was seamless and well

organized. 

I got the Moderna with the second vaccine scheduled in

26 days.

It is moving along quickly, and our counties are showing the results as well.  Very very pleased. 

This was my husband's experience.  Being registered on MyChart made the experience easy and efficient.   

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

About half the seniors in my community still have not gotten theirs while most of the healthcare workers have gotten theirs and some of the 50-age group have received theirs.  I don't know who is deciding what is given to and by whom but I heard the administraton is very upset that Florida is giving it to their seniors first, when they should be giving it to the most needy so there will be an investigation into Florida as to why they are giving it to the elderly first.

@Nonametoday 

I don’t know who are the ‘they’ and the ‘administration’ that you mention conducting an investigation but from Multiple media sources I understand that there was a ‘pop up kiosk’  in Palm Beach for those residents only.  

Hardly an area of ‘the most needey’. 

@Drythe 

You gotta keep up with the news and read everything, not just selective news.

@Nonametoday 

Oh, Absolutely!

All of the vaccine makers supply many countries.  The USA is not their sole Customer; an unusual situation for us.  Wish we could have negotiated more strongly last year.  However, We are doing great, with what our country has been allocated!  

I’m SO proud!

I feel very fortunate in my choice of state, great to have choices, isn’t it.

Make it a great night.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Trinity11  I'm in Rockland and most here are going to the Javits Center and are in and out. It seems like most of our allotment went to a certain area and left us with hardly any, that's why everyone's crossing the bridge for the vaccine. Our problem seems to be with the Governor giving most of it to the ones who vote for him.

Very interesting @proudlyfromNJ . I am beginning to believe there is a lot more to this than is ever reported from the media...

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Trinity11  I'm in Rockland and most here are going to the Javits Center and are in and out. It seems like most of our allotment went to a certain area and left us with hardly any, that's why everyone's crossing the bridge for the vaccine. Our problem seems to be with the Governor giving most of it to the ones who vote for him.

Very interesting @proudlyfromNJ . I am beginning to believe there is a lot more to this than is ever reported from the media...

@Trinity11  I’m sure he was hoping no one would catch on and tried to keep it quiet but it didn’t work.

Respected Contributor

This doesn't seem to square with reporting that 100 milion doses were administered by Jan 22.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The goal was 100 million doses in 100 days. Jan 22 is 2 days, I believe.

Seems some people here will always misstate things out of certain motivations.

Now that the Johnson and Johnson vaccine has received EA, hopefully that will help. I am in general population and my state has done a terrible job with the vaccine, so who knows when I will ever get one. It is up to how your state handles it and how much supply they get. West Virginia has done a great job. Set up an excellent web site and brought in the National Guard right away to help administer shots.

Before this year so many posters here endorsed states being individually responsible for covid response. Now not so much?

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"