Respected Contributor

Re: Vaccine Good News for a change

@Trinity11 wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

@Trinity11 Have you tried Aqueduct?? My brother and SIL live in Suffolk County and were easily able to get an appointment there. They had to drive their almost an hour, but they were in and out quickly.

There are also many covid immunization support groups on Facebook that help notify people locally when spots open up in their neighborhood.

I will try Queens but I was told initially that a NY city borough was off limits for non residents @reiki604 . I will try Facebook. Thanks for your suggestions.

I think it depends if it's a state or city hub. I know they are also giving shots at Stonybrook but that's pretty far out on the island.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

I live in WI and it has not been difficult to get the vaccine here.  WI has 41% over 65 yrs vaccinated, 59% to go. 

Here is a place with current information and easy to read charts for each state.  

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/vaccinating-older-adults-in-the-us-against-covi...

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Here'a a link to the CDC's vaccination statistics.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

COVID-19 Vaccinations in the United States Overall US COVID-19 Vaccine | Deliveries and Administration; Maps, charts, and data provided by the CDC, updated daily by 8 pm ET†
Represents all vaccine partners including jurisdictional partner clinics, retail pharmacies, long-term care facilities, Federal Emergency Management Agency and Health Resources and Services Administration partner sites, and federal entity facilities.

Total Vaccine Doses
Delivered
Administered

Learn more about the distribution of vaccines.

People Vaccinated
Receiving 1 or More Doses
Receiving 2 Doses
Total
% of Total Population
14.2%
6.8%
Population ≥ 18 Years of Age
% of Population ≥ 18 Years of Age
18.5%
8.9%

Thank you, looks like the number doses given is now even greaternow, what it doesn't say is what percent of folks over 65 have received the vaccine. This data only shows those over the age of 18.    And since those 65 and older have been the target and at the very start of the vaccination process, then they should be getting close at the 50% now.  Everyone I know in that age group has received at least the first dose, with one exception and that is a cousin who has an appointment for the first dose on March 4.

You are right.

It's not the same slice of data you shared. But it seems to me it supports that the info you shared (about those 65 and over who are being overwhelmingly targeted) is possible.

Anecdotally I'm seeing lots and lots of 65 and over getting their shots too. Almost everyone is at least trying. It makes sense to me. Covid vaccination is a subject that the vast majority wants to be massively successful so we can get back to normal life and business.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Here'a a link to the CDC's vaccination statistics.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

COVID-19 Vaccinations in the United States Overall US COVID-19 Vaccine | Deliveries and Administration; Maps, charts, and data provided by the CDC, updated daily by 8 pm ET†
Represents all vaccine partners including jurisdictional partner clinics, retail pharmacies, long-term care facilities, Federal Emergency Management Agency and Health Resources and Services Administration partner sites, and federal entity facilities.

Total Vaccine Doses
Delivered
Administered

Learn more about the distribution of vaccines.

People Vaccinated
Receiving 1 or More Doses
Receiving 2 Doses
Total
% of Total Population
14.2%
6.8%
Population ≥ 18 Years of Age
% of Population ≥ 18 Years of Age
18.5%
8.9%

Thank you, looks like the number doses given is now even greaternow, what it doesn't say is what percent of folks over 65 have received the vaccine. This data only shows those over the age of 18.    And since those 65 and older have been the target and at the very start of the vaccination process, then they should be getting close at the 50% now.  Everyone I know in that age group has received at least the first dose, with one exception and that is a cousin who has an appointment for the first dose on March 4.

You are right.

It's not the same slice of data you shared. But it seems to me it supports that the info you shared (about those 65 and over who are being overwhelmingly targeted) is possible.

Anecdotally I'm seeing lots and lots of 65 and over getting their shots too. Almost everyone is at least trying. It makes sense to me. Covid vaccination is a subject that the vast majority wants to be massively successful so we can get back to normal life and business.

70.5 million administered and we have about 55 million people that are over 65 and that age is either the target or the requirement to register.  So we could easily be at the 50% mark.

Super Contributor

I just looked at the Seattle area demographics.  It looks like over 59% of the >75 group and a little over 52% of the 65-74 group have gotten at least one shot.  

At least in my area we are making progress.  Unfortunately, there is still more demand than supply, but ..still, things are moving in the right direction.  

I am so hopeful that we are going to get this under control.  

Respected Contributor

@DJP wrote:

I find that hard to believe.

Update:  from the CDC website 70.5 million doses now administered and we have about 55 million people that are over 65.  

That age group is either the target or the requirement to register.  So we could easily be at the 50% mark for over 65.

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness 

Thank you for the link.

"The stars may be against you, but the numbers don't lie"

Old Song

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

On the other end of the 'we're doing so well' spectrum is my county... Population is about 1.1 million... Over the last week the county health department, which is the entity overseeing vaccine distribution, received a measly 16,000 doses from the state... At that rate it'll take, well, let's just say we're treading water here... Moreover, the 'dashboard', which is hardly a font of information by the way, indicated two weeks ago that the health department was currently scheduling people who registered on 1/18. I checked again today and still the same registration date for those being scheduled... Like watching paint dry... Sorry, but this is not any reasonable definition of 'good news' nor of 'progress'...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@DJP wrote:

I find that hard to believe. 

Of course you do.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

As for who's heard what and who hasn't, it could also be a function of the reality that many of us are primarily concerned with getting ourselves and families vaccinated and are not so invested in following daily statistics... That fifty percent of seniors and others at risk might have had a single shot doesn't mean much for those going into their second month of waiting to be scheduled, and when the system of distribution, overall, still seems to be one in disarray...

@stevieb 

About half the seniors in my community still have not gotten theirs while most of the healthcare workers have gotten theirs and some of the 50-age group have received theirs.  I don't know who is deciding what is given to and by whom but I heard the administraton is very upset that Florida is giving it to their seniors first, when they should be giving it to the most needy so there will be an investigation into Florida as to why they are giving it to the elderly first.