Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vaccine Good News for a change

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I don't know if I believe that....

Where I live...12,000 people are signed up and we are only getting 400 vaccines a week...according to our Health Dept.

---------------

Same situation here.  In three minutes, 5,000 vaccines were scheduled...but 27,000 people were on line trying to get appts!

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum 

Thank you for this thread. I however am not buying these numbers. I read and speak with way too many people, close to my 81 years in age, and they are still waiting for their 1st shot.

I prefer numbers given by the CDC or Doctors in those fields. 

Hey, I feel good that my 2nd Pfizer is a week from today. Will it allow me to see my world around me differently? No, but it can be a talking point for me. I always like starting a conversation with others I do not know when ice skating. Everyone knows something about that as a starter topic, no?

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here'a a link to the CDC's vaccination statistics.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

COVID-19 Vaccinations in the United States Overall US COVID-19 Vaccine | Deliveries and Administration; Maps, charts, and data provided by the CDC, updated daily by 8 pm ET†
Represents all vaccine partners including jurisdictional partner clinics, retail pharmacies, long-term care facilities, Federal Emergency Management Agency and Health Resources and Services Administration partner sites, and federal entity facilities.

Total Vaccine Doses
Delivered
Administered

Learn more about the distribution of vaccines.

People Vaccinated
Receiving 1 or More Doses
Receiving 2 Doses
Total
% of Total Population
14.2%
6.8%
Population ≥ 18 Years of Age
% of Population ≥ 18 Years of Age
18.5%
8.9%
When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

From Ron Klain WH Chief of Staff:

50 million shots given in the past 37 days - no other country has done it.

There are about 55 Million Americans who are over 65:

-- Six weeks ago only 8% had gotten a shot

-- Today almost 50% have gotten at least one shot

Long way to go, but don't get discouraged we are making progress.

Great news but when a 67 year old woman with Type 1 diabetes, 2 heart attacks and a stroke can find no place to get the vaccination because of being told it is her zip code, something is wrong.

Having spent hours on my computer, I have been turned down time and time again. When I asked yesterday on the phone, the man told me it was my zip code. He refused to clarify why. Three times this month I was told the same thing.

I tried everywhere but even when it says vaccines available, I plug in my town and it comes up with no vaccines available within 25 miles of your town. I asked to be on a waiting list and was told there was no such thing.

@Trinity11 

Not saying you're not computer savvy but do you have a relative, friend or neighbor that may have some computer shortcuts and may be willing to help you look for your vaccination?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 Have you tried Aqueduct?? My brother and SIL live in Suffolk County and were easily able to get an appointment there. They had to drive their almost an hour, but they were in and out quickly.

There are also many covid immunization support groups on Facebook that help notify people locally when spots open up in their neighborhood.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

Great news but when a 67 year old woman with Type 1 diabetes, 2 heart attacks and a stroke can find no place to get the vaccination because of being told it is her zip code, something is wrong.

Having spent hours on my computer, I have been turned down time and time again. When I asked yesterday on the phone, the man told me it was my zip code. He refused to clarify why. Three times this month I was told the same thing.

I tried everywhere but even when it says vaccines available, I plug in my town and it comes up with no vaccines available within 25 miles of your town. I asked to be on a waiting list and was told there was no such thing.

@Trinity11 

Not saying you're not computer savvy but do you have a relative, friend or neighbor that may have some computer shortcuts and may be willing to help you look for your vaccination?

Even the most computer savvy are having issues trying to find an appointment.  

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Trinity11 

Yes..my son and daughter. Both are amazing with computers and neither can get me the vaccine @rockygems123 . I call and call. Today I was told April 16 it may open up again. Right now they are filling cancellations but my calls are getting me nowhere.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

Here'a a link to the CDC's vaccination statistics.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

COVID-19 Vaccinations in the United States Overall US COVID-19 Vaccine | Deliveries and Administration; Maps, charts, and data provided by the CDC, updated daily by 8 pm ET†
Represents all vaccine partners including jurisdictional partner clinics, retail pharmacies, long-term care facilities, Federal Emergency Management Agency and Health Resources and Services Administration partner sites, and federal entity facilities.

Total Vaccine Doses
Delivered
Administered

Learn more about the distribution of vaccines.

People Vaccinated
Receiving 1 or More Doses
Receiving 2 Doses
Total
% of Total Population
14.2%
6.8%
Population ≥ 18 Years of Age
% of Population ≥ 18 Years of Age
18.5%
8.9%

Thank you, looks like the number doses given is now even greater, what it doesn't say is what percent of folks over 65 have received the vaccine. This data only shows those over the age of 18.    

Since those 65 and older have been the target and at the very start of the vaccination process, then they should be getting at the 50% now.  Everyone I know in that age group has received at least the first dose, with one exception and that is a cousin who has an appointment for the first dose on March 4.

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Trinity11 Have you tried Aqueduct?? My brother and SIL live in Suffolk County and were easily able to get an appointment there. They had to drive their almost an hour, but they were in and out quickly.

There are also many covid immunization support groups on Facebook that help notify people locally when spots open up in their neighborhood.

I will try Queens but I was told initially that a NY city borough was off limits for non residents @reiki604 . I will try Facebook. Thanks for your suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Very good, if accurate. My state is considered one of the better states for vaccines given to senior citizens, and we haven't reached those percentages.