Honored Contributor

Re: Vaccine Good News for a change

@Bhvbum wrote:

From Ron Klain WH Chief of Staff:

50 million shots given in the past 37 days - no other country has done it.

There are about 55 Million Americans who are over 65:

-- Six weeks ago only 8% had gotten a shot

-- Today almost 50% have gotten at least one shot

Long way to go, but don't get discouraged we are making progress.

Great news but when a 67 year old woman with Type 1 diabetes, 2 heart attacks and a stroke can find no place to get the vaccination because of being told it is her zip code, something is wrong.

Having spent hours on my computer, I have been turned down time and time again. When I asked yesterday on the phone, the man told me it was my zip code. He refused to clarify why. Three times this month I was told the same thing.

I tried everywhere but even when it says vaccines available, I plug in my town and it comes up with no vaccines available within 25 miles of your town. I asked to be on a waiting list and was told there was no such thing.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if I believe that....

Where I live...12,000 people are signed up and we are only getting 400 vaccines a week...according to our Health Dept.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 

That's awful!  May I ask what state you are in?

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

Great news but when a 67 year old woman with Type 1 diabetes, 2 heart attacks and a stroke can find no place to get the vaccination because of being told it is her zip code, something is wrong.

Having spent hours on my computer, I have been turned down time and time again. When I asked yesterday on the phone, the man told me it was my zip code. He refused to clarify why. Three times this month I was told the same thing.

I tried everywhere but even when it says vaccines available, I plug in my town and it comes up with no vaccines available within 25 miles of your town. I asked to be on a waiting list and was told there was no such thing.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Trinity11 

That's awful!  May I ask what state you are in?

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

@shoesnbags , I am in Nassau County, Long Island, New York.

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@DJP wrote:

I find that hard to believe. 

I honestly found it hard to believe you hadn't heard all the news yesterday with the 50million given in 37 days.  To be honest I couldn't figure out why.   It's on the news and on every website, but much to my surprise it isn't on one website.  

The big conservative website said nothing!! I was absolutely stunned in fact that I couldn't find anything about the coronavirus anywhere. (Like we are giving 1.5 million vaccines per day now.)

Every other site including my little local twice a week newspaper has a data recap right in your face, on the front page, impossible to miss.  All the data of where we are as a country and as a state. Easy to see number of cases, deaths, vaccinated etc. 

Just because they say it or write it or print it doesn't mean it's true.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

So trying to figure out since this includes first shot and some second shots, how long it will be at this rate, that the rest of the 300 million people in the US will be vaccinated and then again a second time?  Do they have any projections?  Admittedly, I am not good with complicated math problems.  

Still doesn't make me wish to be older than I am.  I'll patiently wait my turn which is a ways off.  

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

If I were in your situation, I would certainly call my State Health Department and ask for help.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter 

Not exactly sure who ‘they’ are, but why would ‘they’ lie?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Psssst. Those of you who want to reopen everything ASAP...the higher the vaccinated numbers are, the more popular support for reopening you are going to get from those who haven't supported it in the past. People like me. I can't wait to get back to live music and eating out and traveling...safely. The higher the vaccination numbers are, the more comfortable I am about getting back to normal (again, safely of course).

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr