Trusted Contributor

I was so happy to hear my granddaugher (adult) and my daughter were able to get the vaccine in California last week. I didn't think they would be able to get them for awhile in CA due to their ages and without health issues. I figured it would be a couple months away. I feel so relieved.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Vaccinations in California

[ Edited ]

@KCDiva   Wonderful news!  Let's keep our hopes high that this will be a reality.  The California govener's office announced earlier that 1C people (that included 50 to 64 year olds) were to start receiving vaccines on March 15th.  He changed the 1C plan to what was call a B+ plan shortly before March 15th and eliminated the ability for 50 to 64 year olds to receive vaccines.  It has now been released that vaccines will be available on April 1 for this age group, hopefully this time it will be a reality.

The challenges in California have been immense.  Let's keep our fingers crossed for your daughter and granddaughter!  Keep us posted.

Frequent Contributor

Great news for California as of yesterday:

Starting April 15, all Californians 16 and older will be eligible for COVID-19 vaccines; those 50 and older can sign up on April 1

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd I am so relieved to read this online. My DS and his family live in So. Cal. (I'm a transplant to WA state) and now he and my DDIL can get the vaccine. I am so glad.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids It is my understanding that appointments are not being granted yet, you can sign up to be notified to when you can sign up.  Eventually, we will get some good news.  Supportive family ties really assuage the difficulties of the challenges.

Let us know when your DS and family have successfully booked an appointment.  Hopefully, he will be able to get the second vaccination appointment at the same time. 

Wishing the best of health for all of us!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd My son is extremely savvy about this. I told him all the steps I took to get mine. He is one smart guy and knows how all this works.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JohnnyWasnt   Thanks for the information...hoping it was true.  Now being told 50-64 group can't sign up until the 15th of April.  First we were told March 15, then April 1, now April 15 along with everyone over 16.  Our information in California changes daily. 

We have been looking at homes in Georgia.....beautiful state!