Esteemed Contributor

Re: V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker

Yesterday was the first time I did not get a text.  I must be done with the daily updates until after I get my 2nd vaccine next week.   I'm happy to do the V-safe surveys.  I feel our responses are sending valuable information back to the CDC for future vaccines.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Is anyone else who has had one or both Covid vaccinations signed up for V-safe thru the CDC?

Immediately after getting my first vaccination, I was directed to sit down to talk to a hospital employee who scheduled my second shot, and who conducted a short "how are you feeling?" interview.  Not just me - everyone who got the vaccination was interviewed, given a second appointment, and sent to a waiting room to sit for 15 minutes following the shot. 

This hospital employee also asked me if I was interested in signing up for V-safe and gave me the instructions to do so.  

When I got back home, I signed up for V-safe using my smartphone.  Now every afternoon about 4pm, I get a text from V-safe with a link to a short list of multiple choice questions.  It's usually the same 4 questions every day asking what side effects I'm having, if any.    

Is anyone else doing this?

@tototwo 

Yup, I signed up through my smart phone and never heard from them again! I was supposed to get notifications and questions and never got one. I did all the phone number verification but nope......

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

Yes.  I had my first vax 3 weeks ago.  The v check came through the website on which I signed up my appointment.  For seven days, the questions came through in the afternoon.  Now the questions come through weekly.  The site says that the CDC might call to follow up if I report severe or unusual symptoms.  I’ve been fine, minus a rash around the vax site, which is apparently fairly normal.  I do expect to feel ill the day after my second shot, so I’m prepared for that.  I will enjoy a day spent on the couch watching old movies while I feel grateful to be fully vaccinated.

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

Honestly, this raises an eyebrow to me. If the vax is nothing to worry about, why would this be necessary? My other thought was that this is just more tracking and not something I would ever sign up for.

@ThinkingOutLoud 

Just more tracking?   If you live in any sort of building, have a phone or any other utilities or TV,  or a vehicle or credit card, or any number of other things, you can easily be found. Or anyone pays taxes ....  The horse is out of the barn. 

If you're that freaked out someone might know where you are, give a modified version of your name, etc.   

Big Picture:  The idea of vaccinating virtually millions of people as quickly as possible, with minimum screening is a nightmare under the best of conditions.   I wound'nt want the responsibility for absolute public safety, would you?  Yikes!

People have allergies or sensitivities that could create internal havoc when even a mild vaccine is introduced.   

Or let's say, unbeknownst to anybody, there was a "bad batch" of vaccine sent out, they might need to track down someone who got the bad batch.  You get the idea.    It actually might be in your best interest if there's a serious problem.  

Even if you don't get the vaccine, "they" know how to find you.  

Apparently, when I wasn't paying attention, I jumped on my soap box.    Whoops, I'll get off now.   LOL

All JMO.

Respected Contributor

Not heard anything about it when I got my vaccines. They gave the shot told us to sit down for 15 minutes and my husband was too impatient to wait so we left after a few minutes.

Esteemed Contributor

For all you paranoid folks, the V-safe survey isn't tracking people.  It's recording what side effects, if any, people are having in real time.  How else would the CDC know if and how these new vaccines are affecting all of us?   

If you aren't told about V-safe at the time you get vaccinated, you can go to the V-safe website and sign up.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

Yes, I signed up and have been doing this. It takes literally 30 seconds of my day. They have my vaccine info anyway! Anything that can help!