Respected Contributor

No big deal.  I went shopping at the mall directly after.

Respected Contributor

I had a uterine biopsy done two years ago.

Went in for bleeding after meno. First they did the ultrasound (which is nothing) and after the results showed my lining was thick, I had the biopsy done. It took less than 10 minutes but it was very painful. I was told the procedure would feel like having cramps, I NEVER had cramps like that (and I have a high tolerance for pain). After it was over, I had severe cramps for the rest of the night. A week later I had surgery (D&C). I was in and out in less than two hours. Luckily, it turned out to be a benign polyp.

Respected Contributor

Over the years I've had a few, the most recent  last summer.  I'd forgotten the level of "discomfort." (what my male doctor called it)  Thankfully it was momentary. (but that/those moment/moments seemed like an eternity)

Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Re: Uterine Biopsy

[ Edited ]

@IcegoddessI had an outpatient procedure for cervical fibroid biopsy and uterine ablation..went well results were benign.

Im glad they put me out after hearing some of the experiences posted !

May I suggest, please be careful with HRT....I was on estrogen and progesterone for years, but last year had surgery and treatments for breast cancer. ( my cancer cells were estrogen receptor positive)Just be careful.

Honored Contributor

I was put under for mine.  Similar to a colonoscopy.  My results though confirmed cancer.  I had a hysterectomy.  In the hospital for about 28 hours.  They want you to stay overnight.  They need to make sure you pee, are alert and that you can get out of bed and walk.  It was pretty uneventful.  I didn't need pain pills, nothing hurt.  I had to be careful not to bend over.  I could, but I was told not to.  Had to keep remembering that.  I blame it on the cat being so needy.  

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess   I'm praying for you that all will be well with the findings on the upcoming biopsy.  As the British say--keep calm and carry on.

Respected Contributor

I had a uterine biopsy last year. My doctor told me to take 3 Advils an hour beforehand. I had a strong cramp when she was taking the actual tissue sample, but that was momentary. I didn’t have any cramps and minimal spotting afterwards. Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

I was able to drive myself home.

Honored Contributor

Y'all can tough it out all you want, or maybe you have high pain tolerance, but I'll happily accept any drugs they want to give me.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Honored Contributor

Try not to get yourself too worked up about it.  Yeah, you’ll feel something but it’s not horrible.  Be glad they have the ability to get to the bottom of things.