Honored Contributor

Urgent. Outbreak of Ecoli could be from Wendy's lettuce CDC hasn't confirmed this yet.

[ Edited ]

NOTE. THE CDC HAS NOT CONFIRMED WENDY's as the source of this outbreak. 

Since this is an outbreak and it's of a potentially deadly Ecoli, I'll be back with more information. So far, the CDC has tracked illnesses to specific states. I'll be going back to the CDC and providing a link to more information. So far, the ill live in Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana. 37 are confirmed ill. At least 10 of the people have needed to be hospitalized. This type of Ecoli O157:H7 can cause hemolytic uremic poisoning which causes the kidneys to shut down. Some news articles have mentioned Wendy's. This is NOT confirmed. The CDC page on the outbreak says that Wendy's in the affected areas are removing some of the lettuce from some products as a precautionary measure. The CDC page explains that Wendy's uses two different type of lettuce. "CDC is not advising that people avoid eating at Wendy’s restaurants or that people stop eating romaine lettuce."

https://www.cdc.gov/ecoli/2022/o157h7-08-22/index.html

Honored Contributor

Re: Urgent. Outbreak of Ecoli could be from Wendy's lettuce CDC hasn't confirmed this yet.

We were in PA for 2 days and almost stopped at Wendy's last night on our way home.  We decided to go a ltitle further to stop someplace else and now seeing this I'm glad we did.

Honored Contributor

Re: Urgent. Outbreak of Ecoli could be from Wendy's lettuce CDC hasn't confirmed this yet.

In our town I read on the facebook some people got super sick from wendys here in town last week. I havent had wendys in a very long time thankfully!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs @It's not confirmed it isWendy's that is the source of the outbreak. If it is Wendy's, then the CDC has to look into all their food, especially the lettuces and the suppliers.