Super Contributor

@Cakers

@alicedee 

Thanks so much for your supportive words. Today is the Colposcopy and biopsy...I will be relieved to be on the other side of this and have some next steps to take.

Respected Contributor

@hookedonq 

Prayer offered for you today.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@hookedonq 

Good luck today, try and take some pain killer before the Colposcopy, it can be rather painful, I have had two of them, also they might be some post procedure bleeding do not be alarmed

@4kitties wrote:

@hookedonq 

Prayer offered for you today.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor
@hookedonq, thinking of you and hoping that you are doing okay after your recent Colonoscopy and biopsy. 🙏🙏
Valued Contributor

Hope things went well with your test.  Keep us posted.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

I worked in healthcare for many years before retiring and one of my jobs was to discuss test results with a patient. I would never have called a patient that late on a Friday knowing that the office would be closing. Try not to think the worst. That's easier said than done. Hopefully it's nothing to be concerned about.

@Tricolor   That must have been before the Affordable Healthcare Act, 2010.

@Nonametoday you may have mis-read

@Tricolor 

Said she discussed test information with Patient... test results may surely be discussed with patients.  Who else should a HC provider or designate speak with?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@hookedonq 

Thinking of you and praying for a course of action that will put all this behind you quickly Heart

You have lots of support here : )

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

I worked in healthcare for many years before retiring and one of my jobs was to discuss test results with a patient. I would never have called a patient that late on a Friday knowing that the office would be closing. Try not to think the worst. That's easier said than done. Hopefully it's nothing to be concerned about.

@Tricolor 

Said she discussed test information with Patient... test results may surely be discussed with patients.  Who else should a HC provider or designate speak with?

@Drythe   You should have read the whole thing from start to finish.  We are talking about giving out information on voice mail or calling and not telling them everything there is on the voice mail.  Read the whole thing.  Don''t just assume the last reply speaks for pages of text.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

@Tricolor 

@Drythe   You should have read the whole thing from start to finish.  We are talking about giving out information on voice mail or calling and not telling them everything there is on the voice mail.  Read the whole thing.  Don''t just assume the last reply speaks for pages of text.

@Nonametoday 

Actually I did read the whole thread.  My comment was to you about your remark to @Tricolor .

* She stated that she worked in healthcare for many years and one of her jobs was to discuss test results WITH patients.  

* You stated that must have been pre HIPAA

* I commented to you that HIPAA does not preclude a HC professional, or designee, speaking WITH a patient about test results.

You might want to read a bit more carefully before you make assumptions.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

UPDATE...

Thanks for the support and info on what to expect...it was as several of you noted...quick overall, painful for only about 5 seconds (I should have but didn't take the advice of taking some ibuprofin in advance). I stayed home for several days taking it easy but feel well and am headed out today. Great news, Dr. feels this is very early stage and can be dealt with successfully. Big relief. Once again, I want to thank you for your "virtual" kindness. You ladies brought tears to my eyes as I read your supportive replies and you  truly are an amazing community.