Respected Contributor

Re: Upper back pain in shoulder blades

@Brisky , some people find pain relief with CBD oil. It has been discussed on this forum. I have never used it so I don’t have any personal experience. 

Respected Contributor

What is CBD. Oil?
Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Thanks Montana, I live in CO. No problem.😊
Respected Contributor

Maybe try a chiropractor.  I have shoulder, neck and back pain and my chiropractor keeps me going.  I have had physical therapy several times, shoulder surgery, back traction.   I will say do not agree to be twisted and cracked and my chiro does not do that - there is much more a chiro can do. 

Honored Contributor

Since the doctor said give it time, I'd visit a chiropractor for an alternate look. I myself have never been to one, but I know of people who get pain relief from adjustments.
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I injured my left and right shoulders in the back months ago, shoveling ice. It hasn't stopped hurting. Does anybody know of any exercises I could do to relieve this pain?

@Brisky   This ball works miracles!  When anything hurts, I sit in my recliner or bed, put the ball where it hurts, and lean on it for as long as I want.

Google and watch the method.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Brisky wrote:
I injured my left and right shoulders in the back months ago, shoveling ice. It hasn't stopped hurting. Does anybody know of any exercises I could do to relieve this pain?

@Brisky 

You say "months ago", have you had your doctor give you a diagnosis?  When I injure or irritate any part of my body the first thing I do is put ice on it. There are several reasons, and you have probably heard them. 

The shoulder muscles(deltoids) has 3 different muscles: the Posterior(backside)/Anterior(front side)/Lateral(lifts your arm out to your side). I cannot suggest what might help, other than ice and taking an anti-inflammatory like Advil/Aspirin or Aleve, but only if they are safe for you to take.

With no diagnosis other than "it hasn't  stopped hurting" and "it was months ago", nothing else I can suggest.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I will go back to the doctor. My core is weak because the mesh in my stomach will go under my ribcage on the right side of my body when I move certain ways. That is painful. So I will go back again. Thanks everybody!
Respected Contributor

I really thought it was nothing. So I will go back to the doctor😔