Trusted Contributor

Re: My mom Lilac Tree is in rehab with broken hip and elbow

Thinking of you and hoping your recovery is going as smoothly as

can be...

@LilacTree

Agincourt Beauty Lilac Overview

Trusted Contributor

Ooh, what a beautiful pic that is, @Sandyx3! I hope and pray that @LilacTree is soon feeling well enough to sign on and see it. Along with all these lovely well wishes. 

Adding mine again, and I continue to lift her up in my daily prayers for healing. 💐

Respected Contributor

Wishing your mom a speedy recovery! Keeping her(and you) in my thoughts and prayers.😇🌹

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Omg, I just saw this post from last July!  My daughter must have told me she had written to you all again, but I was never able to find it by the time I returned home.  It is now Feb 2019!

how thoughtful of all of you to respond to her post.  I’ve been posting here and there for the last few weeks.  I’ll make sure she reads all of your kind responses.

because of my RA, and also my responses to other posts in this forum, some of you may know by now that I’m doing ok.  Oddly, my hip has responded very well, while my arm has not.  And yes it’s all on my dominant side, as someone asked, my right side.

my RA makes it hard to recover, as the rehab for a month caused an RA flare up that I am just now getting over.  While I cannot overdo, I am trying to strike a happy medium in my recovery.  I have nerve pain in my right arm, have been back to the surgeon three times, but he insists it has nothing to do with the surgery.  I am still contemplating what, if anything, I may do about that.

my biggest issue is unrelenting fatigue.  We’re it not for that I would be further along.  However I am walking short distances without a walker, so I feel that’s a good sign that my hip is going to be ok.

I’ve written that I’ve been hospitalized twice since the breaks in July, but they have both been for UTIs and other issues related to autoimmune disease.  I just got back from the last one about two weeks ago.

i will show these responses from last year to my daughter the next time she comes over as I doubt she has seen them.  I apologize that it took until now for me to notice this. It was fortunately on the left side of the site where they put older posts sometimes.

thank you all again for your words of encouragement and caring.  You are the best, all of you.  I am trying now to get back into the swing of things that are not just about my health issues.  I am not ready to give up!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

I'm so happy with your progress!  You are healing, walking, and are cheery!  

The weather will improve as you improve...you'll be walking in the warm sun...

I know that some PT exacerbates problems...it seems pointless to have painful PT.  Hopefully, your nerve pain will resolve in time.  

So so very glad to have you back again!

Love, Justice

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all 

Thank you so much Justice.. I am glad to be here, even if it’s part time.  It helps a lot to know people like you exist.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Continuing to remember you in my prayers, @LilacTree.❤️   I miss you!   I hope you're healing comfortably and that everyone is taking the best and kindest care of you, my friend.   (((gentle hugs)))

@dooBdoo 

thank you so much DooB.  I know you are always there.  As always, Lilac Tree

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

weve been in touch since this thread I think.  We have a lot in common.  I gave an update recently, but this thread deserves one too because we don’t all see all of the threads especially if we haven’t been on for a while.

i will make sure my daughters sees this older one because she probably didn’t come back to look.. I,hope your hip healed well.  As I said, mine has.  It’s the usual things that hold me back, not much I can do about that.

you are the best, LG.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel 

GORGEOUS!!

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@LilacTree

I am so sorry to hear this.  I hope you are as comfortable as possible, and on the mend.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.  Heart

Image result for get well lilacs

Formerly Ford1224