Honored Contributor

Re: My mom Lilac Tree is in rehab with broken hip and elbow

@LilacTree - Daughter.

I am so sorry to hear this.

Please “stand firm” Lilac, you can DO this!

My 91 year old Dad tripped and fell working in his yard 3 months ago.  He broke his right femur and right wrist.  So, I know you are in a good deal of pain, don’t hesitate to ask for your prescribed pain meds.

He is at his home now, walking with a cane, slowly, carefully, but walking.  I often tell him he’s as stubborn as a ‘Donkey’,  so Lilac, you bring on your stubborn!

We will look forward to hearing from you.  

Thank you to Lilac’s Daughter. Heart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe

@LilacTree

So sorry to hear this -- my thoughts & prayers for a speedy recovery!

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Is there any way those of us who would like to, can send your mom a card at rehab?  I know it lifted my spirits when I received cards while in rehab.  I don't know if it is allowed for you to give out that information, or if you feel comfortable with it.  Just a thought.  Heart

@Lindsays Grandma, You're always so kind❤️   Unfortunately, the Moderators will remove personal contact information and I'm not sure we should encourage @LilacTree's daughter, who might not be aware of the Standards for Participation, to post it.   These good wishes on the various threads are lovely and touching "e-cards" and testament to how much LilacTree means to us, however, aren't they.   At times like this the forum truly is a "community."💐

Oh well, it was just a thought.  I wasn't sure if it was possible in some way but at least Lilac Tree will have many lovely posts to read when she is well enough.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree, hoping for a speedy recovery!  Stay strong, you're going to beat this!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

So very sorry to hear about your lovely mother.  Please convey to her that she is very much missed and I am sending her wishes for a total and speedy recovery!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom!  I can only imagine the pain that she's been in.

Wishing her all the best & a speedy recovery! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

More prayers going up for Lilac Tree, her dear daughter and family.

“They” say bad things can come in threes, so you are at the limit, dear! Hopefully you are getting the very best care and everything can only go up from here. 🙏

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree

I have never stopped thinking of you even though I have not posted to these threads. My hope for you is that things will get better for you. Being the fighter that you are, I have no doubt you will reach that point.

Said many times here, as you know, "optimism has always been my best friend", especially through the toughest of times. 

My thoughts/wishes and strength are sent to you,

Your Friend

JOhn(hckynut)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree and daughter, thank you for updating us.  What a terrible thing to happen.  Sending you prayers and best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.  We miss your posts.  LM

Valued Contributor

how  sad to read this about your mom   will say prayers that soon shw will be feeling better