Respected Contributor

Re: My mom Lilac Tree is in rehab with broken hip and elbow

@LilacTree   Thanks to your daughter for letting us know about your unforunate fall.  My prayers for an excellent, uneventful recovery are speeding your way.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi, @LilacTree!  My head whipped around when I saw your post - it is really nice to hear from you, and I am so glad you are getting around, albeit with limitations.

Keep on truckin'!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

that is truly tragic.  I am so sorry.  Since this was a while ago now, I hope your aunt and her daughter are dealing with all of this peacefully.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I hope I have responded to all of you.  Because of the time delay this was a little difficult to follow.  Thank all of you again, from the bottom of my heart.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree ,

Hi my friend. Good to see you again on this forum. "You quit"?  Ain't never going to happen!  As you know I visit just a few forum here, and this is the first day I have seen you post.

Seems like in spite of all your painful physical issues, you seem to be doing well at "rollin wit the punches". You have many friends here that are very concerned about your well being and that is a great thing for anyone to have.

I am doing GREAT still, both Physically and Mentally. No hospitals

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: My mom Lilac Tree is in rehab with broken hip u.and elbow

@LilacTree ,

Hi my friend. Good to see you again on this forum. "You quit"?  Ain't never going to happen!  As you know I visit just a few forum here, and this is the first day I have seen you post.

Seems like in spite of all your painful physical issues, you seem to be doing well at "rollin with the punches". You have many friends here that are very concerned about your well being and that is a great thing for anyone to have.

I am doing GREAT still, both Physically and Mentally. No in-patient hospital stays, just a hernia surgery last January, so I could not be better, as is my wife.

Stay well my friend,

JOhn

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree  So nice to "see" you on this post. I also hadn't found this original post until today. Oh, what an awful time you've had. Again, I'm so sorry to read the entire story. You are one tough woman, whom I admire.

Since we talked, I've also fractured my back in three places. Two are healing; the third is not. It's still squashed. I've been in a full back brace 24/7 since December and am homebound for the most part. Hopefully will be able to remove it when it's time to play in my flowerbeds!  

Please check with your Rheumatologist about Prolia injections (given every six months). I will begin mine in March following my next DEXA, which is scheduled every two years. Have you daughter read up on Prolia and consider the benefits it offers for our bones. My Ortho. Surgeon, PCP, DDS and Rheumatologist all agree it's the best treatment available.

Sending thoughts, prayers and best wishes for continued good health, Lilac Tree. Let's continue to "talk" on this site.

Special thanks to Lilac's daughter for keeping us up-dated throughout her ordeals in 2018. You've been a blessing to your mom . . . and all of us. Smiley Happy  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady 

I still have back pain when I stand up too long or try to walk too far.  I’ve seen the Prolia ads on TV.  I still use a partial back brace.  I will talk to my ortho about it.  I’m happy to hear it’s helping you.  

yes, let’s keep in touch here.

i have at least ten compressed vertebrae.  Two were repaired with kyphoplasty a couple years ago, but honestly I can’t tell the difference between them and the vertebrae that have healed naturally.  I am at the age now where any surgery has to be carefully considered because it causes my RA to flare.  This last flare lasted seven months.  It’s finally subsiding to regular RA pain.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

Re: My mom Lilac Tree is in rehab with broken hip u.and elbow

@hckynut

i will never be as brave as you are, that’s for sure, but I will continue to fight.. Thing is when I have a setback, I get mad, and I can’t cry or feel sorry for myself.  There are so many folks worse off than I am.

ive been posting here and there for a couple of weeks now, but like to post about topics other than my health all the time, which is why maybe you haven’t noticed.

however, wellness will always be my main forum.  Always glad to hear you and your wife are doing well!  ~ford

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree no apologies necessary...just so glad you are getting stronger and posting again.I have really missed you and I know many others have too.