Respected Contributor

Update on wifes brain surgery

She went for her 2 week check up. She told doctor the since surgery that her side hurts and her boob area on the other side hurts. After checking it they said her side is a not quit but almost a cracked rib. And the other side to but not as bad. Doctor said her scar isn't healing as good as it should be. And doctor was surprised that her symptoms hadn't start to decrease yet. They gave Ria 20 oxycodone pills. 15 days later she still has 16 pills left.she took them to the appointment with  and told them these didn't do anything. So there giving her extra muscle relaxers.and told her to take Aleve. And they will see how she does.if no change they will put her on steroids. Her next follow up appointment is in January.

Honored Contributor

Re: Update on wifes brain surgery

Praying You Feel Better Soon! ecard, online card

Esteemed Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

She went for her 2 week check up. She told doctor the since surgery that her side hurts and her boob area on the other side hurts. After checking it they said her side is a not quit but almost a cracked rib. And the other side to but not as bad. Doctor said her scar isn't healing as good as it should be. And doctor was surprised that her symptoms hadn't start to decrease yet. They gave Ria 20 oxycodone pills. 15 days later she still has 16 pills left.she took them to the appointment with  and told them these didn't do anything. So there giving her extra muscle relaxers.and told her to take Aleve. And they will see how she does.if no change they will put her on steroids. Her next follow up appointment is in January.

just curious how her ribs got injured....sorry she's in pain...hope the new med helps....both of you take care....

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 

So sorry to hear that her recovery isn't going well, I hope the new meds help, but if oxycodone didn't help, she has to be really hurting.

Keep us updated please and continue being the great husband and caretaker you are!

To both of youHeart

Sending Love Light and prayers.jpeg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Pooky1   Sounds as though she needs to be re-checked a lot sooner than January, especially if she isn't healing properly. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Pooky1  I totally understand where Ria is coming from about the oxycodone. Opioids don't really work for me either. All they do is give me a headache and make me nauseous. She may do better with the muscle relaxers and Aleve. I would suggest that after a week of trying those, if they aren't working for her you should call her doctor. And I agree with whoever said she should probably be checked before January. Good Luck!❤️

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 

Your wife should insist on being checked again in 5-6 weeks, before Friday, December 17th.  

Looking at the calendar, with Christmas and New Years falling on the weekend, doctors offices will likely be short staffed those last 2 weeks, see fewer patients, and not be back to normal until after January 4th.  Patients are referred to ER for their medical needs or forced to wait until after the holidays to see their provider.   

I fully understand why Ria wouldn't want to take Oxycodone, but to manage pain, this drug needs to be taken consistently.   You can't let pain, especially post op pain, get ahead of you and then think one pain pill is going to help.   

I sincerely hope the next weeks are easier for Ria, with a higher level of healing!    

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry that things aren't going well for your wife. I, too, think they should check her before the holidays. I don't understand either about the cracked ribs. Will continue praying for a her recovery. Take care.

Honored Contributor

Sorry the medication didn't work....everyone responds differently to drugs.  Hopefully the muscle relaxers will help.  Thanks for the update, we are rooting for you!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Pooky1Thank you for continuing to give us updates.  As usual you and your wife are in our prayers.  Praying she heals quickly and completely.