Respected Contributor

My wife met with the nerosergeon last Friday. She's not getting a stent put in. In the back of her head there's an area that's draining fluid. No stent but there doing it differently. Its hard for me to explain it. But she will be getting like an 8 inch cut down her head and neck. Surgeon told her I. Going to give it to you straight. When you wake up you will be really sick. Your going to feel the worst pain you ever felt. And you will be vomiting alot. You will be in the icu at first. She's scheduled for surgery on October 12.

Respected Contributor

Re: Update on upcoming surgery.

@Pooky1 So very sorry your wife has to have this type of surgery. Hopefully, a successful outcome will make it worth the pain. Wishing both of you all the best.

Respected Contributor

Wow doc sure did give it to you straight.  I'm sorry your wife is going to suffer some but im glad she is in good hands and has a supportive husband Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 Has your wife sought a second opinion by chance?  I  hope she has a speedy recovery and a great outcome.  I will lift you both up in prayer for comfort and pray God will restore her health.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Bless her heart!!! I am sending prayers for a successful surgery, COMFORT, and healing!🙏🙏🙏 Please keep us posted!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Super Contributor

I am hoping all goes well for your wife. Many years ago I had a very extensive and tricky surgery. The surgeon was very honest and told me I would wake up and vomiting and in a lot of pain. That is exactly what happened. I appreciated his honesty, I was prepared but of course, recovery was hard. What helped me was that my husband never left my side, he had a sleeper chair in my hospital room. That made a world of difference to me. I would wake up in intense pain and and confusion and I'd see him, He was my comfort. The days and nights of my hospital stay are a blur but my husbands support is a precious memory. I hope you can do the same for your wife and that she recovers quickly!

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1   That's some serious surgery!  Glad the doctor was up front but it's scary!!  Good luck to your wife.

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear she has to go through this.  I will be praying for her.

Trusted Contributor

Wishing the best for your wife and you.❤️🙏

Honored Contributor

Sending prayers for a successful journey and healing recovery.  Your wife is so lucky to have you.

Prayers for you both.