Valued Contributor

Update on my snip punctoplasty

[ Edited ]

I had this procedure with tubes inserted on my right eye done yesterday.  It was considered surgery and they put me completely out.  I was told originally that it would be a twilight sedation but wasn't the case.  The doctor opened the tubes in my eyelids and ran tubes down my nose.  I am in no pain but have some lovely bloody yuckiness coming out of my nose. I know, TMI big time!  So instead of dabbing tears for the many months, I'm now dabbing my nose!  I'm not allowed to blow my nose or I'll blow the tubes out!!  I will see the doctor in a week but I think I will be like this for a couple of months.  Yikes!  No makeup or contacts!  Please keep your fingers crossed that this works!  Thanks bunches!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

Re: Update on my snip punctoplasty

@RockChalkJayhawk  Whatever you do, don't catch a cold! 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl, I have no idea what that is, but take care of yourself and have a speedy recovery.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl I do not know what youhad donebut it sounds very uncomfortable😲  I have no reason to complain about cataracts after hearing about your surgery.  I hope everything goes well for you. 

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@RockChalkJayhawk  Whatever you do, don't catch a cold! 

@Kachina624I thought I was going to sneeze today and had to work hard to muffle it!  Just crazy!

Valued Contributor

@SXMGirl @SeaMaiden this procedure will hopefully stop the constant tearing in my right eye.  Most doctors consider this dry eye but this is not what I had.  My tears were producing but not flowing properly.  Actually, the procedure name sounds really cool but I don't care if I ever do it again. 

Trusted Contributor

I wish you fast healing and the best of luck!

Honored Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl  Positive thoughts for healing. IMG_6641.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl, thanks for the explanation.  I do hope it works and I hope that you are not in any pain.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@RockChalkJayhawk wrote:

@SXMGirl @SeaMaiden this procedure will hopefully stop the constant tearing in my right eye.  Most doctors consider this dry eye but this is not what I had.  My tears were producing but not flowing properly.  Actually, the procedure name sounds really cool but I don't care if I ever do it again. 

@Jayhawk Girl  The vendor Laura Geller mentions in every show she has a LEAKY EYE....  I never understood what it was until now.  I guess she could get it fixed!  I read up on your condition and learned a lot about tears I never knew or appreciated until now and how complex the entire tear system is!    Now I know why when our eyes tear, you need to blow your nose!