Honored Contributor

Update on my doctor's dealing with my diabetes diagnosis.

I sent an email on the patient portal which they are very good about answering, asking about a meter. She replied that their group provides all newly diagnosed diabetics with a free meter and supplies, and I could just stop in the office to get them. She didn't understand why the girl who was there the day of my appointment did not give them to me and teach me how to use it and calibrate it etc.as that is their policy. She asked me what date I was there so she could speak to who was there and be sure she was aware she is supposed to do this. It wasn't the doctor's fault it was the office staff who fell short. I'm sure if it is their policy he assumed it was done.

Respected Contributor

Re: Update on my doctor's dealing with my diabetes diagnosis.

@151949 wrote:

I sent an email on the patient portal which they are very good about answering, asking about a meter. She replied that their group provides all newly diagnosed diabetics with a free meter and supplies, and I could just stop in the office to get them. She didn't understand why the girl who was there the day of my appointment did not give them to me and teach me how to use it and calibrate it etc.as that is their policy. She asked me what date I was there so she could speak to who was there and be sure she was aware she is supposed to do this. It wasn't the doctor's fault it was the office staff who fell short. I'm sure if it is their policy he assumed it was done.

151949, good for you for following up!!!  You didn't need all that confusion and lack of info to worry about!!!  Take care and HUGS!

Respected Contributor

Re: Update on my doctor's dealing with my diabetes diagnosis.

[ Edited ]

And to think you were skewerig the doctor non stop. Tsk, tsk.