Regular Contributor

Update on my beloved dad- possible Leukemia

First- to all of those who lifted up my dad (and family) in prayer- a truly heartfelt thank-you.

My father passed away peacefully 5 days after entering the hospital-- with my sister and brother by his side. It was AML Leukemia. He wanted to fight with whatever the doctors could have offered as an option but his body was just too tired.

In all of theses daily troubles we are all facing with COVID and other hardships- we were shown the best of humanity by the doctors and nurses in the hospital. The social worker was able to get my sister and brother in to the hospital masked and gowned to be with my dad- so that he did not die alone. Please know that this in itself was a true miracle- at this time. 

AS much as my heart is grieving the loss of my dear friend and dad-my soul is full that he is now back in my mothers arms in heaven.

Thank you all for listening and for the love you sent our way.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Update on my beloved dad- possible Leukemia

@lynbeechwood  I am so sorry about your dad.  Sending prayers to you and your family.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@lynbeechwood   aww so sorry for your loss.  It was so nice that your siblings were able to be with you dad when he passed.

I still remember how I felt when both mom and dad died....breaks your heart.  Take care of your self.

Trusted Contributor

@lynbeechwood, I'm so sorry for your loss! Yes, that was a miracle that your sister and brother were able to be with your dad at the end. l'll bet your mom, your "Forever Angel" had a little something to do with that! Wishing you strength and peace.🙏
Valued Contributor

@lynbeechwood  I am so sorry for your loss.It was wonderful to know that the hospital helped your family to be with your Father.Prayers to you all. I know how difficult a time this is.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lynbeechwood wrote:

First- to all of those who lifted up my dad (and family) in prayer- a truly heartfelt thank-you.

My father passed away peacefully 5 days after entering the hospital-- with my sister and brother by his side. It was AML Leukemia. He wanted to fight with whatever the doctors could have offered as an option but his body was just too tired.

In all of theses daily troubles we are all facing with COVID and other hardships- we were shown the best of humanity by the doctors and nurses in the hospital. The social worker was able to get my sister and brother in to the hospital masked and gowned to be with my dad- so that he did not die alone. Please know that this in itself was a true miracle- at this time. 

AS much as my heart is grieving the loss of my dear friend and dad-my soul is full that he is now back in my mothers arms in heaven.

Thank you all for listening and for the love you sent our way.

@lynbeechwood 

Thank you for sharing your beautifully written tribute to your father. The way you expressed your thoughts about the doctors and nurses and your father with your mother in heaven is poetic. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself.

Trusted Contributor

My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. Dad's are special people and I feel your pain. 

Honored Contributor

@lynbeechwood  So sorry for your loss.  That was a lovely statement you said, and I'm sure you have a lovely family.  Blessings to all

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. It was so good the family was allowed to be with him. May God comfort you and give you sweet memories and peace knowing he is with your mother again and safe in the arms of God. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lynbeechwood   I know just how you feel, I know and understand fully what it's like to lose you dear Dad. Prayers and time will help you heal. While you hear this all the time, it is true. Yet on the other hand, you will always miss him. I lost my Dad to leukemia as well. His last year was rough but he suffers no more.