Super Contributor

Update on my D Day yesterday....

Hi everyone-Saw the doc yesterday-they referred me to his surgeon who I see on Monday morning. Seems THE nodule has grown and they want to get it out right away. Doctor said if it were him he would do that. From there we will see.

Valued Contributor

Re: Update on my D Day yesterday....

Sending prayers to you and your family. I know it’s scary but try and keeps your thoughts positive. If you are a person of faith, you know how powerful prayer is and at times like this can strengthen you. I had stage 3 cancer three years ago and now all I need are tests. I saw living miracles every day during my treatments, however the water never did turn into wine.

Valued Contributor

I agree with your doctor...get it out, get it out, get it out. I will continue to pray for you. God bless you. docsgirl

Super Contributor

Hi Kookielady,

Back in Nov. '12 I had a CT scan as I thought I had a kidney stone. No stone, but a nodule in my lung was found. The PET results pointed to benign. In Feb. '13 i had a 3-month recheck CT which showed very slight growth. Again with recheck in May '13, again slight growth. All along I said I wanted it out. Met with surgeon who said because of other medical concerns I wasn't a great surgical candidate. Plus, the nodule was in a very tricky area near my heart. August '13 again showed slight growth. I insisted on a biopsy. Results came back as Malignant Melanoma (15 years to the day of my 1st Melanoma diagnosis). It was considered inoperable because of the location.

Met with oncologist, who is an expert & Melanoma research scientist. MRI showed it was in my brain as well. Had Yervoy immunotherapy treatment and I've been clear since my 1-month recheck in December!

I had a 2-month recheck in Feb. Then another in May & August. Last one showed 2 new nodules in my right lung. I have my next recheck this Monday. All has to be good as it's my birthday!

I'm not posting this to scare you. I want you to know you're not alone and whatever it is can be beat!

Strength and peaceful thoughts going your way!! Lots of them! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Valued Contributor

Will be praying for you~