Super Contributor

Update on egosyntonic disorder

The latest update on our teenage girl family member with egosyntonic disorder. She is still in the hospital, having had a hole discovered in her heart that they suspect she was born with. They can't correct the hole until she gains enough weight for her heart to survive the surgery. She is gaining weight but not by eating. This tells me she probably has a feeding tube. Parents still very hush hush about the whole thing, and they are the only two visitors allowed to see her. No grandparents or siblings allowed. 

Wanted to update those who have shown concern and interest, even sharing touching stories. Have not forgotten about you guys, but details trickle in here and there. Progress is slow. I just pray for the parents to have endurance and encouragement as they run this race. 

Posh Poodle

Honored Contributor

Re: Update on egosyntonic disorder

@Posh Poodle That is such a scary thing your family is going through.I hope the family member will be able to overcome her disorder and just maybe if they fix the heart problem she will feel more energy and begin eating again.

Respected Contributor

I truly hope she gets better soon Heart

Super Contributor

Thank you very much for your warm thoughts. There was a conversation going on about this earlier, and I wanted to offer those who had responded to the previous post an update on her condition. But new posts get moved down the line rather quickly here and am thinking most haven't seen this updated post.