Trusted Contributor

First, a big thank you for those of you who took the time to ease my fears about the prep and the procedure. You were right when you said that the prep was the worst part of it. I only wish I had known that nausea and what follows were a part of it. Using the laxatives wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be, but laying on the bathroom floor feeling sick was not on my radar. Anyway, I made it to the appointment. The staff that took care of me were absolutely fabulous, so I knew I would be in good hands. 
As for the results: no polyps, no tumors, and no cancer!  And since no one in my family has had colorectal cancer, I don't have to have another colonoscopy for 10 years.  (Maybe  by then, the prep will improve).   Checking that off my list!

I hope you all have a great day. As for me, I am starving so it's time for lunch.

Lisa

Honored Contributor

@Lisa Y 

YAY!!!!

Congrats on a good report!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Take it really easy the rest of the day. A nap is almost always in order.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa Y Mazel Tov! That's great. Sorry about the nausea, I was lucky not to have experienced that.

I agree, rest today and take a nap if you can. Glad for the positive outcome.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lisa Y   Great news!!  I guess that makes me next in line.  I have my head pretty much wrapped around the whole thing.  I just want to do the prep and get it over with.  

Wednesday, Covid test.  I think I am dreading that more!

Anyway, so happy you are healthy and it is all behind you.  Have a great day!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

When my Aunt had one of these two years ago the Dr prescribed her some anti nausea meds and it helped her from feeling and getting sick.   She also could only eat light for a week.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa Y wrote:

First, a big thank you for those of you who took the time to ease my fears about the prep and the procedure. You were right when you said that the prep was the worst part of it. I only wish I had known that nausea and what follows were a part of it. Using the laxatives wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be, but laying on the bathroom floor feeling sick was not on my radar. Anyway, I made it to the appointment. The staff that took care of me were absolutely fabulous, so I knew I would be in good hands. 
As for the results: no polyps, no tumors, and no cancer!  And since no one in my family has had colorectal cancer, I don't have to have another colonoscopy for 10 years.  (Maybe  by then, the prep will improve).   Checking that off my list!

I hope you all have a great day. As for me, I am starving so it's time for lunch.

Lisa

Congrats to you for taking good care of yourself!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lisa Y 

Congratulations to you.  Sorry about the tummy upset.  You have 10 years of no worry!  

I watched an uncle die of colon cancer and it was much worse than this test.

Check your scales fast, it will be flitting 😂

Trusted Contributor

Re: Update on colonoscopy

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs   I should be thanking you. I wasn't even going to post about this until I saw your post about the prep part.  The Covid test, whether it's nasal or throat swap, will be just a blip of a moment. Prep for colonoscopy takes much longer and is, shall we say, "not pretty". Keep the goal in mind-good health and maybe you won't need one for another 10 years, too.   I will be thinking of you @tends2dogs .

Good luck on both tests and keep us posted.

Honored Contributor

Congrats to you. I am also on the 10 year plan, and I just hope every 10 years that the prep imroves on itself. No real improvement from 2005 to 2016, I can attest to that!!

At least the days of drinking a gallon of that c rap are gone, at least I hope there are no more docs out there that insist on this, if they do, find a different doc!!