Trusted Contributor

Re: Update on Prayer Request for my DH, Mr. G.

@IamMrsG, and Mr. G. ... just letting you know that you both are still in my thoughts and prayers.

I wish I could do more.

~

Thank you for the update

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG

Just checking in to see how you and Mr. G. are doing today...

May the BREEZE blow new strength into your being,  May you WALK gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. Apache Blessing

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono  You are recovering from your own surgery (how are you doing?), yet you think to bolster someone else's spirit. Heart  Your Apache blessing is beautiful and beautifully timed.  "Thanks, I needed that."  

My DH was given another transfusion at the hospital, and it's been a very, very long day.   Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.  We may be beginning down a hard road.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG

Each day is a bit better, but still tired. Cat Indifferent I am off for another week.  It is nothing compared to what your DH is going through though.  

That blessing spoke to me, so I thought I would pass it on.  Cat Happy

When I am well, I try to "pay it forward" with blood.  It's a simple thing that people can do, and as a type O I am in demand.  I wish more people would think about donation, for the Mr. G.s out there who need us. Heart

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono   It's good to hear you're progressing.  It can be hard to take things slowly, but you know it's the best route.

I asked today at the hospital whether, as a former cancer patient and chemo recipient, I can donate blood as a sort of thank you for the blood DH has been / is receiving.  Surprisingly (to me, anyway), it was advised I contact the Red Cross organization for the answer.

As things turn out, DH is a former regular blood donor.  He's a member of some kind of Gallon Club, or something like that.  I reminded him of it this afternoon, and asked him if during all that time he ever considered that someday he would be getting it back.  How does it go, "What goes around comes around?"  

Regular Contributor

Sending you positive thoughts and praying for healing, comfort and peace.

Take care. Hugs.

Super Contributor

@IamMrsG I asked the same after I recovered from my transplant regarding giving blood, and for the same reason. I was told no, but that may be because my cancer was blood based. 

Contributor

So many good wishes, prayers and hopes for you and your DH!

Respected Contributor

@Goldenmoher, I hope you have fully regained good health.

Trusted Contributor

@IamMrsG  Still continuing to pray for you, your husband and all that are caring for him. I can tell who you are as your heart comes through in what you write. I'm very concerned for you both as I know how very trying and tiring something like this can be. Hoping we help hold you both up....