Esteemed Contributor

Today my DH saw his doctor for the results of his MRI of the prostrate.Unfortunately, the results weren't good. They found a small suspicious mass.As a result he is scheduled for a biopsy next week.

My husband is a nervous wreck. I'm about ready to collapse from exhaustion.Trying to keep him calm is wearing me down.

On top of it all I wasn't allowed in the doctor's office to be by my husbands side when he got the news.They wouldn't even allow me to call in from the car right outside.DH came out in tears.It was tough for him to hear the news alone.

I'm scared that my husband is going to have a heart attack because he's so nervous.I'm so worried !! I'm also mad as heck at the doctor for not allowing me to be with my husband.I think it was cold & cruel.I have family in the medical profession & they told me the doctor could have worked it out in some way.

Honored Contributor

Re: Update on My Husbands MRI

@NicksmomESQ   Sorry to hear the test results were not as expected.  I do not understand the policy of the doctor's office to not allow you to be with your husband.  There should be ways to work these situation out...it's just not right

My husband is also one that gets worked up about health issues, I know it's difficult to deal with.  We went thru a health scare a few years ago....when he is stressed he walks...A LOT....that might help your husband.

Respected Contributor

I understand .. the first night my husband got a bad prostate

diagnosise .. I was up on the interne d oing research all

night ... finally got him calmed down .. and then myself ....

he had surgery to remove .. and 10 years later he is fine ...

all test have been negative the last ten years .....Hang in

there .....

Respected Contributor

Oh yes... my husband does not handle health issues well either ....

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ I am sorry the results of your husband's MRI wasn't the outcome you were hoping for. You are stronger than you know, just try to be as positive and calming for your husband as you can. Just take things one step at a time. As for not being allowed in the office every doctor is doing that so I'm not surprised. The doctor could have let you in on the conversation by phone as when you get bad news it helps to have someone with you because you don't remember everything. Good luck to you both. 

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs I'm so sorry.  Can your husband get some anxiety medication?

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ  I am so sorry about his diagnosis and that you could not be with him as he heard the news.  He is nervous and scared.  What is important is that he gets the best medical care for the best outcome.   Sending prayers to both of you.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ So very sorry my Dear.  Remember about the virus, and you wouldn't want your DH to be exposed either.

I'm sending you prayers and angels to sit with you.  DH will follow your lead, try to remain calm.

How to invoke Angels for help - Inspiration Divination

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ , doctors can be cruel dear, they are cold hearted.

This is a small prayer from you to your dearest soulmate

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ,

Ugh, so sorry that your hubby's news was not good.

I hope it's something that can be taken care of w/surgery.  I will be praying for him.