Regular Contributor

Update on My Granddaughter

[ Edited ]

Kyleigh, my 14 year old granddaughter, had the open heart surgery today.  7 hours from start to finish.

The surgeon was able to repair her valve and said the repairs are permanent.  She had two small holes in 2 leaflets of her aortic valve.  

We are so blessed and thankful for this outcome!  Thank each and every one of you who sent prayers, thoughts and good wishes.

Contributor

Re: Update on My Granddaughter

BLESSINGS to the family and thanks to God for guiding the hands of the surgeons.  You are certainly blessed !!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

HOORAY! All of her family and friends must be so relieved. Wishing her a speedy and easy recovery! 

Honored Contributor

It must feel wonderful to know she'll be able to lead a normal life and be a typical teenager. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@FLtricia  I was wondering about her and am so glad all is repaired! I know how relieved you must feel. 

Respected Contributor

@FLtricia wrote:

Kyleigh, my 14 year old granddaughter, had the open heart surgery today.  7 hours from start to finish.

The surgeon was able to repair her valve and said the repairs are permanent.  She had two small holes in 2 leaflets of her aortic valve.  

We are so blessed and thankful for this outcome!  Thank each and everyone of you who sent prayers, thoughts and good wishes.

As the Mom of a child who has gone through multiple successful surgeries, I know the joy and relief that you all feel. We are not able to take away their pain, but constant love and care can do wonders. Blessings to your family and especially to Kyleigh.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

I love the spelling of her name!

Very happy that your granddaughter will be okay.  Sending good wishes and prayers.Heart

Frequent Contributor

Blessing to you and you family.

Respected Contributor

@FLtricia That is truly wonderful news!  Very happy for your precious granddaughter and all your family.

Regular Contributor

Yes!  Doctors say in a few months she can go back to her active life that she has been missing,