Respected Contributor

Re: Update from my tmj surgery

@ccassaday, with the limited mobility you've had with the jaw, now that it has been released, is there any kind of physical therapy that goes with this or do you just have to ease into being able to open your mouth again?

@Oznell,

how is your son doing these days?

Hugs to both of you,

Poodlepet2

Super Contributor

@ccassaday   Happy to hear that you are recovering nicely. Thanks for letting us know.

Honored Contributor

Oh that's great @ccassaday!

Bet that was the best banana bread ever, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@ccassaday, with the limited mobility you've had with the jaw, now that it has been released, is there any kind of physical therapy that goes with this or do you just have to ease into being able to open your mouth again?

@Oznell,

how is your son doing these days?

Hugs to both of you,

Poodlepet2

It is still wired shut until June when they put the implants in. She got me open to 35 mm in surgury.  She will send me home with a device in June for jaw exercises I have to do everyday to make sure it is working properly. When they put the implants in I believe it will be wired for a week. Then she said you have to open right away and get it moving.

Honored Contributor

Poodlepet2, thanks for asking.  He's great, just needs one more minor procedure to remove temporary stent.

Honored Contributor

Image result for speedy recovery images

Honored Contributor

Happy to hear you are doing so well!

Trusted Contributor

@ccassaday  you sound like things are better than you expected, don't you love it when that happens.  Continued success in your healing.

Esteemed Contributor

@3suwm5 wrote:

@ccassaday  you sound like things are better than you expected, don't you love it when that happens.  Continued success in your healing.

I don't know about better then expected. But no complications and life has returned back to normal. Still a long way to go until the 2nd surgery. Because of my mouth my teeth got neglected really bad so we will see what we do with them afterwards.

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday

All the best as you continue on your journey toward and past the upcoming 2nd surgery.  Sounds as though you have a healthy grasp on things at this point, which bodes well for you.

I simply cannot imagine an arthritic condition whereby your body decided to lay down calcium in your TMJs, thereby limiting you to 1mm of vertical movement.  That is just about as frozen as one can get.  At least with a frozen shoulder, one does have movement (usually) up to a certain point.

Am so happy for you that there is light at the end of the tunnel.