Trusted Contributor

@hckynut Hi John! I hope you are on the mend. I was wondering if you meant Propofol? This is what I had for the same procedure and I was told it helps you to relax. Take care!! 

Honored Contributor

Thank you and hope your stay is very short!  Best wishes!

Respected Contributor

Re: Update as of 4/27/16

[ Edited ]

@hckynut, I'm glad to see you're "up and about" enough to post this.  After reading your post, I wanted to ask you a couple of questions, but didn't know if it was the appropriate time right now......but, as long as you extended the invitation :-).....

You've mentioned GoLytely several times as the prep you use, but that prep is one of the original types, isn't it?  That awful 2-gallons of brine?  Aren't there a few more updated, much more palatable preps available today that you can take?

Also, I don't know if your spellcheck created "Protocol" instead of "Propofol".  When I went for my GI consult (haven't had the procedure yet), the doc assured me, with 100% guarantee, that I would not be awake at all during the procedure with Propofol (which, of course, requires an anesthesiologist).  Are you saying you woke up during the procedure with Propofol?  

Thank you for sharing all this information.  I find it very interesting and, as you said, helpful to many.  Continued prayers for a speedy healing and return.  We haven't really interacted, but I always enjoy reading your posts!

Honored Contributor

@hckynut

I hope you have a fast recovery and healing.Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@hckynut, nice to hear from you- many wishes on your road to recovery... Take it easy!

Am well versed with panendoscopy... My husband had it done when they couldn't find primary with his cancer, he had it done on his head & neck...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

Take care ,{{{{John}}}}  and get home quickly. 

Honored Contributor

Hi John, came over here to read the details.  I do hope this means you are feeling better.  You're a brave man, my friend, I cannot do the colonoscopy procedure.

But the good news is that Medscape says there is now a blood test that seems to do the job.  Hoping that will be in use soon.

Hope Cindy is doing well!

Noel

Honored Contributor

Welcome back!! 

OMGoodness, you woke up?

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Take care of yourself, John. Sending you healing thoughts and strength.

Honored Contributor

John, i have a question, does a colonoscopy hurt? I am 63,never had one.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.