Honored Contributor

Unwaxed floss-Listerine Gentle Gum version discontinued

FYI, for those who were using Gentle Gum Care floss, maybe I am the last to know, but it's been discontinued.  I've been stalking my grocer for weeks to replenish and couldn't understand what the hold up was.

Unwaxed floss has been life changing for my dental checkups.  If you have a Publix near you, they have their own brand of unwaxed floss for $0.99.  I stocked up.  

The cashier was dying laughing that I was the first one to stock up on floss.  Forget Corona.  That was my third store to make sure someone on earth still made it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Unwaxed floss-Listerine Gentle Gum version discontinued

I think I have tried every floss brand out there. For a while, everything was fine; but lately, they seem to be made cheaply, tearing easily into shreds.

The heavier/thicker ones don't go easily between some of my teeth, so I purchase the thinner ones.

Honored Contributor

My go to floss is Glide.  I buy it at Costco for a good price.  Never gets stuck in between my teeth and does a nice job.

Honored Contributor

A very experienced hygienist told me a few years ago don't buy waxed.  It slides right over the tartar you're trying to clean out.  I changed over and it worked amazing for me and they went from threatening me with gum surgery to telling me how great my gums look. 

If anyone builds up tartar quickly, try it.  It's amazing if you can use it.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 I agree about the waxed vs unwaxed, but the waxed doesn't catch on anything. Was really hard for me to swtich to unwaxed, but I did.

Honored Contributor

All I will use is Glide or I'm not flossing. LOL!!!

This flat floss works so much easier in between my teeth.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

A very experienced hygienist told me a few years ago don't buy waxed.  It slides right over the tartar you're trying to clean out.  I changed over and it worked amazing for me and they went from threatening me with gum surgery to telling me how great my gums look. 

If anyone builds up tartar quickly, try it.  It's amazing if you can use it.  

@Laura14 

I put Sovereign Silver on my toothbrush before the toothpaste. It's suppose to help with plaque buildup plus biofilm in your mouth. My mouth feels a lot cleaner using it.

Honored Contributor

I will look that up @Nightowlz .  Thanks!