Honored Contributor

Re: 😮 Unbelievable! 😮

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:
Healthy student, 16, collapses and dies from heart problems after drinking a large Mountain Dew, a latte and an energy drink in the space of two hours

FULL ARTICLE LINK

@Mz iMac wrote:
Healthy student, 16, collapses and dies from heart problems after drinking a large Mountain Dew, a latte and an energy drink in the space of two hours

FULL ARTICLE LINK

Thank You for posting this. I don't think this is about getting government involved in studies or anything like that. This is about parental responsibility in discussing this with your teen.

I have a 16 year old boy, who goes to the gym 5 times a week, runs 5Ks with me and has a conditioning class at school.  This opened up the discussion about the dangers of caffine loading and just gave him info in general.  Just something to think about and caution him of prior to his workouts.

Deb

Who said the government should get involved?    Funny, this British article said the teen had heart problems, and the news here in the U.S. said he didn't have heart problems.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

FULL ARTICLE LINK

@Mz iMac wrote:

FULL ARTICLE LINK

Thank You for posting this. I don't think this is about getting government involved in studies or anything like that. This is about parental responsibility in discussing this with your teen.

I have a 16 year old boy, who goes to the gym 5 times a week, runs 5Ks with me and has a conditioning class at school.  This opened up the discussion about the dangers of caffine loading and just gave him info in general.  Just something to think about and caution him of prior to his workouts.

Deb

Who said the government should get involved?    Funny, this British article said the teen had heart problems, and the news here in the U.S. said he didn't have heart problems.

I click on links but as I recall, all the news stories said that he died from heart issues but none of them said that he had a pre-existing heart condition.  Some specified that he did not.  The hear condtion they were referring to was the arrythmia that resulted for that massive dose of caffeine he drank before his death....the caffeine cause the arrythmia that let to his death.  

Trusted Contributor

There was a time years ago that stores here in Missouri couldn't sell "Red Bull" to anyone under the age of 18.