Trusted Contributor

Re: UnableTo Find Adult Thermometers Anywhere

I had a bad experience with a seller and a thermometer on ebay and had to order another style. I received it very quickly but I paid way more than I should have! UGH!!
Trusted Contributor

I was very sick the last week of January and dropped and broke my very accurate mercury thermometer. I got an Equate mercury-free one, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. Even normally, it shows my temp. as below 98.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Trusted Contributor

@morganjen, I just purchased an Equate Temple Touch Digital Thermometer. I have been running an off and on low-grade temp for the past few days and my Equate therm seems to be giving accurate readings. My normal temp is always 97.7 but has been registering between 99. and 99.5. It got up to 100.5 at one point and a little while ago it finally registered 97.8! With all these up/down temps, it seems to be working great! Good luck and stay healthy!!😷
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My sister tried ordering two forehead thermometers a few weeks ago from Amazon but they tried to charge her $53 in shipping.  Not a Prime member, but I have always got free shipping after $25. Needless to say, she did not order.  I offered her my digital Walmart thermometer that I have had for years.  Sorry $53 to ship is price gouging.  Not an amazon fan. 

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

bought  one at the dollar store for a dollar( imagine that!) about two years ago... still works.  I see similar ones for sale for $30 and more now... people ripping off people....

Sad isn't it??? Taking advantage at this time! Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

Received my thermometers from Amazon and the batteries were dead. Good thing I  had some batteries at home. After putting them in it works fine. I am so happy that that even came much earlier than they said in the email.

Honored Contributor

Same here, but..........if I have fever I know it and fever for me is not normal.

Honored Contributor

That reminds me though, I need to put that on my "when this is all over with" and things are stocked like they use to be.  I do have that list too.  

Honored Contributor

I got 2 on ebay. One for my daughter, and one for us.( When this is over I am going to buy one that takes your temp  from your forehead)..I thought we should have one just in case, and my daughter is working all the hrs God sends, so she needed one too

Respected Contributor

I've heard thermometers are hard, if not impossible, to come by now. We have two old thermometers--a mercury one and an early model digital.

A thermometer is one of those things I always had on hand as part of a well-stocked medicine cabinet (or closet lol), like alcohol, peroxide, bangages, a glass eye cup, and saline solution, to name a few.

I think the price gouging on anything, including thermometers, is outrageous.

What worries you masters you.