Valued Contributor

Re: UnableTo Find Adult Thermometers Anywhere

I resorted to purchasing a thermoneter in the baby section. I asked the pharmacist at Target and she said to check there. It can be used for rectal, underarm or oral. It seems to work fine. Better than nothing at this point. I looked everywhere. I thought I had one in my medicine cabinet. They also had lots of wipes in the newborn/baby area. 

Honored Contributor

bought  one at the dollar store for a dollar( imagine that!) about two years ago... still works.  I see similar ones for sale for $30 and more now... people ripping off people....

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   Our Dollar Store sells 2 in a pack thermoneters for a buck.  Also plenty of flushable baby wipes.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama 

I am pretty sure we all have learned many things in these last few weeks, and will learn a whole lot more. 

We have a thermometer but I can't remember the last time I used it. My body temp runs low and I seldom have had any kind of fever. Both my wife and I only seem to have major things happen that have nothing to do with our body temp.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

bought  one at the dollar store for a dollar( imagine that!) about two years ago... still works.  I see similar ones for sale for $30 and more now... people ripping off people....

People are probably hoarding these and trying to sell them for a high price online!  The new item of the times to do this with like TP or sanitizing wipes!

Respected Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

I ordered one from Amazon 2 weeks ago, still says another 2 weeks before delivery

I placed an order with Amazon also and it says delivery around the 21st of April. So I looked today at the way of delivery  is DHL and it says shipping from China!! If i had read it more carefully before placing an order where it was coming from I never would of ordered it!!

Respected Contributor

Why do you have a problem with thermometers made in China? We have all used Chinese products for years. Are you afraid of getting a used thermometer that has coronavirus?

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

I bought one  on ebay and it arrived within the week.  The last time I used a thermometer it was the old school mercury type that I had to shake.

@Scooby Doo I still have one of those and used it last year when I had a mild fever.

Trusted Contributor

I have two digital thermometers but the batteries in both of them are dead. Have had zero luck in finding affordable replacement batteries locally or online. 

My husband gets his temp taken at work every morning so far he’s been fine. 

Honored Contributor

Try eBay.... I got mine there no problem... Smiley Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*