Contributor

Re: Um, Do You Actually Need to Wash Your Feet?

I can wash my feet too....for now.  But I did purchase a long handle body brush and squirt some liquid body wash on it and it reaches my feet fine.  Lupus doesn't always let you pull your foot up....LOL

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Even though my feet don't stink I still wash them. I don't feel comfortable standing on one foot in the shower anymore so I use soapy soles or soapy toes It feels good on my feet too. I have to bend over to wash the top of my feet. I rub my Beekman soap on it.

Image result for soapy toes

@Nightowlz   I've never heard of "soapy soles" before!  Looks like an interesting & useful poduct.  I just added one to my wish list on Amazon...thanks! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I think I’ve posted this before. My family was visiting one summer and they all went into Manhattan for the day. Some of them wore flip flops! Anyway, they all showered when they got home. When they were done I went into the bathroom and saw my white bath mat to step on after the shower was filthy! Either some or no one washed the bottoms of their feet after walking around NYC all day in flip flops!

@proudlyfromNJ I can not imagine, let alone even consider the idea of, walking around NYC in flip flops.  I know people are far more comfortable wearing flip flops than I am.  But, there must be all kinds of gross stuff on the sidewalks and floors in NYC, as evidenced by your no-longer-white bath mat.  On top of that, I want my feet to be protected and secure in a busy place like NYC.  You never know what could happen.  What if you had to chase after a pick pocket?  What if someone stepped on your feet in a crowded subway?  Those are things that would run through my mind.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am very knowledgeable about bacteria and germs that are pathogenic to us. Because of my career knowledge of that I will not wear open-toe shoes out in public places and I always remove my shoes at the door when I get home. After I take my dog for a walk, I wipe her paws with a wipe when we get home. I am a germaphobe and sandal-wearing grosses me out big time. Smiley Tongue

Yes, I wash my feet. I'd be crazy not to.

Honored Contributor

Very informative and true.

I take baths every day, let my feet soak...use a loofah to scrub all over.  I rinse under the shower before I get out.

Never could stand my feet getting dirty, not to mention bacteria and viruses they might run into, so I no longer wear sandals, but there's probably more chance of getting an infection inside closed warm sweaty shoes.  

Had a painful plantar's wort caused by a virus on the bottom of my foot one time and couldn't figure out how I got it...never walk around in my bare feet, not even at home.  It seemed to take forever to get rid of it.  That was a huge incentive to stop wearing sandals, as well.  

Esteemed Contributor

Indeedy I wash all my bits when I shower.  Isn’t that the point?

Esteemed Contributor

YES!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The simple answer to the question is YES. With soap. Top, sole and between toes.

Judging from some of the feet of both men and women I have seen in sandals and this thread, not everyone has gotten the memo.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I am very knowledgeable about bacteria and germs that are pathogenic to us. Because of my career knowledge of that I will not wear open-toe shoes out in public places and I always remove my shoes at the door when I get home. After I take my dog for a walk, I wipe her paws with a wipe when we get home. I am a germaphobe and sandal-wearing grosses me out big time. Smiley Tongue

Yes, I wash my feet. I'd be crazy not to.

@SilleeMeeAbout 4 years ago I was in the ER next to a guy with diabetes that needed an amputation of part of his foot. We got to talking and he said he had sandals on in Manhattan a few weeks before and a pebble got under the sole of the sandals. He didn't feel it until he had a pressure ulcer. Ever since, I stopped wearing sandals because as a Type 1 diabetic for nearly 50 years, I am not about to lose my foot if I can help it.

And yes, I have always washed my feet....

Esteemed Contributor

This is why I keep a basin exclusively for foot soaks, and my feet even have their own towel.

I like to go barefoot on my own property, but I know animals cross my property too.

So I've been adding WEN TeaTree cc & oil to my foot routine for years, because of it's antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties.

Besides, I can still hear my sister yelling at me (about 60 years ago) for climbing into bed with dirty feet.