Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ugh! My doctor wants me to get a Covid test

@wildcat fan  I am also getting one next week for my upcoming colonoscopy.  It is required. I will be thinking about you when I go get mine on Wednesday morning.  All the best and may it be quickly over.  I figure, I have had a baby, and thousands upon thousands of people have had this done.....even children.  I guess I have to suck it up.  I am also dreading the colonoscopy and prep.  Oh well.......

Hang in there.  And all the best with your procedure of the polyp removal. Woman FrustratedWoman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I have a procedure scheduled for next week and a Covid test was required.  I had it done this morning and it was easy, fast and a big NOTHING!!!  Apparently they don't need to go way up the nose like they used to.  It wasn't even uncomfortable.  Some might find the throat swab a tad uncomfortable but it lasted no more than a couple of seconds.

Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

as a part of my preop testing for the knee surgery I had on 6/26 I  had to have a covid 19 test and it was horrible !!! I swear the nurse was trying to touch my brain with the swab ! It hurt, it hurt, it hurt !!  That was just my experience, glad it was negative.

@Goodie2shoes 

I know someone who said it was horrible too.  She said the only thing worse was childbirth.  I wonder if ones anatomy has anything to do with it because others say it's no big deal.

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@wildcat fan  I am also getting one next week for my upcoming colonoscopy.  It is required. I will be thinking about you when I go get mine on Wednesday morning.  All the best and may it be quickly over.  I figure, I have had a baby, and thousands upon thousands of people have had this done.....even children.  I guess I have to suck it up.  I am also dreading the colonoscopy and prep.  Oh well.......

Hang in there.  And all the best with your procedure of the polyp removal. Woman FrustratedWoman Wink

@tends2dogs Thank you and I'll be thinking about you as well. ❤️ I keep telling myself the same things about sucking it up and surely it won't be as bad as some of the other things I've done like childbirth. 

Mine is on Wednesday afternoon and I'll have to quarantine until Monday.  I received a call this morning from the doctor's office.  The lady asked all sorts of yes or no questions like have I had a fever, have I been around someone with Covid, etc.  After answering "no" to all of them, she said she would confirm my appointment.  She also said something about my being low risk, so it won't be stuck up as far in the nasal cavity as it would if I were higher risk.  I'm good with that, but it makes me wonder how accurate tests are if they don't insert the swab as far.

Trusted Contributor

I had to have 2 tests since I work at an assited living facility. Close you eyes and relax and breath-by the time you're thinking holy xxxx where are they going with this-it's over. Really wasn't bad. 

Honored Contributor

I had it done and the doctor was very nice about it since he can sense my apprehension. I went in for the antibody test and they asked if I wanted the swab also. Since I was in the neighborhood - I did it

NOT painful - uncomfortable - like when water goes up the nose swimming

I had 1 swab - my brother had 1 swab in both nostrils (different facility)

good luck

Regular Contributor

I'm having surgery on Thursday for a uterine polyp.  I had the COVID test this morning.  It's not even worth getting stressed about.  It's over in seconds.  You can endure anything if you know it will end soon.

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@tends2dogs Thank you and I'll be thinking about you as well. ❤️ I keep telling myself the same things about sucking it up and surely it won't be as bad as some of the other things I've done like childbirth. 

Mine is on Wednesday afternoon and I'll have to quarantine until Monday.  I received a call this morning from the doctor's office.  The lady asked all sorts of yes or no questions like have I had a fever, have I been around someone with Covid, etc.  After answering "no" to all of them, she said she would confirm my appointment.  She also said something about my being low risk, so it won't be stuck up as far in the nasal cavity as it would if I were higher risk.  I'm good with that, but it makes me wonder how accurate tests are if they don't insert the swab as far.

I came back to your original thread that you started, @wildcat fan .  Did you have your test yet?  It wasn't so bad was it?  I just put my chin back and relaxed.  It was quick, but did sting right at the end.  She put it all the way back, one nostril only.  I wasn't told to quarantine.  My procedure is Monday morning.  When is yours?

Hope all went well!

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

I came back to your original thread that you started, @wildcat fan .  Did you have your test yet?  It wasn't so bad was it?  I just put my chin back and relaxed.  It was quick, but did sting right at the end.  She put it all the way back, one nostril only.  I wasn't told to quarantine.  My procedure is Monday morning.  When is yours?

Hope all went well!

I thought about you today @tends2dogs 😊 It definitely wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I was nervous at first, but the lady in the lab was really nice and I could tell she'd done this several times before.  I'll be having my procedure next Monday morning as well.  Hopefully, this time next week it will all be behind us.  

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan  So far we have had good experiences in our little health journey.  LOL  I will also be thinking about you on Monday.  How funny that we had our Covid tests the same day and now, our procedures on Monday.  Yes, soon it will be over and we can forget about it.  Glad we have each other's back.  This forum can be good, really good in many cases.  This is one of those times.

Have a good weekend.  

Tends~