QVC Customer Care

Re: USDA handles meat, poultry, dairy. Here’s their complete recalls listing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is mean spirited to  tell people they have a disease and they want to keep it just because they refuse to eat whole plant

Numerous studies have said ,we need to eat low carb, and there are loads of statistics and studies to back this up. I have been told by my endocrinologist to  build my meal around a normal serving of animal protein, or fish or eggs

I have never went on any threads to insult  someone for how they eat. Assume they are all over weight and tell them they must be, even if they aren't. Lie about genetics not playing a role in their illness and I never will

I always tell people the first line of defense is always their DR when looking for advice

For this, I was accused of regarding my Dr as God. This is highly insulting to my religious beliefs, and I am sure she knows this..

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

She strikes me as a very angry person.

She wouldn't be the first angry vegan that I've crossed paths with in my life.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

She strikes me as a very angry person.

She wouldn't be the first angry vegan that I've crossed paths with in my life.

To be fair, there are plenty of angry meat eaters,too.

Anger has no particular diet.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

It is mean spirited to  tell people they have a disease and they want to keep it just because they refuse to eat whole plant

Numerous studies have said ,we need to eat low carb, and there are loads of statistics and studies to back this up. I have been told by my endocrinologist to  build my meal around a normal serving of animal protein, or fish or eggs

I have never went on any threads to insult  someone for how they eat. Assume they are all over weight and tell them they must be, even if they aren't. Lie about genetics not playing a role in their illness and I never will

I always tell people the first line of defense is always their DR when looking for advice

For this, I was accused of regarding my Dr as God. This is highly insulting to my religious beliefs, and I am sure she knows this..

@cherry   Isn't it ironic that she holds the vegan gurus in the same esteem?  The ones who make boku bucks off of webinars, books, etc.

I'm still waiting for her to recognize the infestation, if you will, of chemicals in plant foods.  Seems chemicals are always overlooked in those who pretend to be vegan and environmentally aware.

Chemicals are not natural food;  we are assaulted every day by chemicals and the effects are well-known; you cannot avoid this no matter how many plants you chew-even organic foods are under assault.

I guarantee some of these "I care about animals and the environment" still buy leather purses, shoes, etc.; use plastic bags; use cleaning solutions made up of heaven knows what;  eat  take out and toss those plastic containers in the regular trash; have more than one car (I definitely guarantee this one) in their homes; and on and on we go with the mantra that plants are the cure-all and be-all in life.

Ugh.  I need to stop.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will never give up meat.I enjoy it too much.That being said I use my own good judgement.I eat poultry & fish too.

I happen to love fruit & vegetables.But they aren’t easy to digest either.They also carry illnesses like salmonella etc. So nothing is perfect.

I don’t judge others for their eating choices. I know many people who “eat healthy “ & are sick a lot.Some even have cancer.I also know people who never “eat healthy” & they never get sick.There is no magic bullet to a long & healthy life.Some of it is what you eat. But it also comes down to genes, exercise & the luck of the draw. 

My Grandma lived to 92. My Aunt lived to 99.They never ate healthy in their lives.My mom who watched everything she ate died at 77.She had lung cancer & never smoked a cigarette in her life.

Life is too short. Enjoy!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

To be fair, water is a chemical too.

No matter the diet, anybody can get cancer, or have strokes and heart attacks.

Even vegans.

Only a fool would think that they were immune to those diseases because of how they ate.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.