Honored Contributor

USDA handles meat, poultry, dairy. Here’s their complete recalls listing.

Honored Contributor

Re: USDA handles meat, poultry, dairy. Here’s their complete recalls listing.

Valued Contributor

Our American Forefathers gave us written options, and In the United States of America we have what is known as free choice....so I choose "my right to freedom of choice".

I prefer to personally choose what I eat and always will.

Honored Contributor

What about all of the ecoli etc. in fruits and vegetables? It seems we have a problem with many food sources.

Honored Contributor

Problem is not that we are less immune to germs. The problem is commercial farming practices by the big companies are barbaric, torturous, and unsanitary. Frankly, it’s a disgrace to our entire country that we allow it to continue for the sake of cheap food.
Respected Contributor

Interesting article about immune system and hygiene:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/12/health/immune-system-allergies.html

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Problem is not that we are less immune to germs. The problem is commercial farming practices by the big companies are barbaric, torturous, and unsanitary. Frankly, it’s a disgrace to our entire country that we allow it to continue for the sake of cheap food.

EXACTLY my thoughts.

And @Sooner is correct that we need to get back to the earth and our close relationship with our food.

Honored Contributor

On behalf of all the diabetics ,that have been named, and shamed, for having this disease, without any shred of knowledge ,of any of our family histories, or other  medical issues, @Cakers3 I thank you

I only print and share ,bona fide medical reports ,in my diabetes thread. I never push any information on anyone else. It is just there to inform, and educate, those who may be interested

Respected Contributor

WOW I thought I was the only one feeling like this!  Thank you for speaking your peace.  You took the words out of my mouth. 

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

On behalf of all the diabetics ,that have been named, and shamed, for having this disease, without any shred of knowledge ,of any of our family histories, or other  medical issues, @Cakers3 I thank you

I only print and share ,bona fide medical reports ,in my diabetes thread. I never push any information on anyone else. It is just there to inform, and educate, those who may be interested

@cherry...I have explained to this poster that Type 2 diabetics will not all go into remission from a plant based diet. I outlined the reasons why regarding pancreatic function at the time of diagnosis proved by a C-Peptide test and various other blood work...all it did was fall on deaf ears and I no longer believe that this poster is interested in science.

People can have such a fear of death that they will dupe themselves to believe that "their" diet will keep them alive indefinitely. Sadly, when an illness strikes, they will be disappointed in their "gurus" who haunt the internet with misinformation. One being the so called Doctor who claimed that blood sugars of 300 fasting were fine. In addition, he told diabetics to stop testing because they will become "upset" by their results. I just cringe thinking of the people who probably end up in the ER with diabetic ketoacidosis from their blind faith...