Trusted Contributor

UPDATE: ? Re: previous thread on readers glasses

[ Edited ]

Hi, I could use some help finding general (non-prescription) readers that are bi-focal with the clear top. I have found sunglasses at Rite-aid and Walgreens, but not readers. I'm so tired of putting them on top of my head or hanging on my top, etc. Just thought I'd ask here for suggestions. Thank you 😊 

Thank you all for the suggestions. My order arrived today from Readersdotcom. With the discounts i paid less than $10 pair. This is totally what I wanted/needed. I keep putting them on top my head though by habit, so I'm working on breaking myself of that. Quality is decent, i would not want to pay more than $10 though. 

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

Re: ? Re: previous thread on readers glasses

I don't think I've ever seen them in the store. There are a lot of options online. the Readers website has free shipping for $30 so if you buy a couple of pairs that's covered. Amazon has a bunch too.

Honored Contributor

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

Hi, I could use some help finding general (non-prescription) readers that are bi-focal with the clear top. I have found sunglasses at Rite-aid and Walgreens, but not readers. I'm so tired of putting them on top of my head or hanging on my top, etc. Just thought I'd ask here for suggestions. Thank you 😊 

@LoveMyBaby 

I get readers at the dollar store and they have quite a selection.  If you want to order them online, try Ebay.  They have regular readers and sunglass readers.

Honored Contributor

@LoveMyBaby.  I'm with you on the bifocals.  I found several on Amazon, ordered a pair for about $30.  They are nice and very lightweight, attractive but the lens are terrible quality.  I can actually see faults in the clear glass upper part of the lens, so the search continues.

I keep seeing TV ads for readers.com and intend to check them out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen them in the store. There are a lot of options online. the Readers website has free shipping for $30 so if you buy a couple of pairs that's covered. Amazon has a bunch too.

Yeah, thats why i put the question/request on this wonderful forum because I've never found bifocal readers in my area, (just the bifocal sunglasses as stated).

So @pigletsmom  took your advice and moseyed over to the readersdotcom site and low & behold, 40% off the site! I started browsing and reading reviews and picked out three pair! FREE shipping and 7.5% additional savings with Rakutan! 

I love this board, thank you for the recommendation 💜

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

@LoveMyBaby 

I get readers at the dollar store and they have quite a selection.  If you want to order them online, try Ebay.  They have regular readers and sunglass readers.

@Tinkrbl44 

Thanks for the Ebay tip. I have purchased many of my readers at the Dollar Tree franchise too. 😊 I wanted to try the bifocal readers now. 

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only need bifocal readers when I'm shopping.  About 3 years ago, QVC offered PROGRESSIVE bifocal readers and I was lucky enough to pick up a pair before they were discontinued.  I have never found this style of bifocal readers any where else.

I buy my readers at readers dot com.  Once you get on their mailing list they send you lots of discount codes.  I've never had to pay full price and  I think their quality is great. 

Another good thing about them is they give you the measurements of the glasses themselves.  I'll see so many cute ones and then I look at the measurements and find that they would slide down my nose, etc. because the bridge is too wide for me, etc.  This has saved me much hassle with not having to return them or wasting my money if they don't fit.

My local Dollar Tree has a terrible selection and are poor quality.  So I'll stick to Readers dot com.

Esteemed Contributor

If you look at Eyebobs you can find what they call all day readers which are progressive.

Zennia will make up readers for specific pupil distances if your eyes differ.  Or you have your regular place do it if you get a prescription.

After I spent the day at the fair with the grandkids, I realized that I needed reader sunglasses.  Sunglasses on, sunglasses off readers on to read map, sunglasses on,......

Honored Contributor

Our Publix carries progressive readers, saw them when picking out readers for my fresh bilateral cataract surgeries..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

I buy my progressive readers from Zenni; they cost right around $100 and are very durable.