Honored Contributor

UPDATE ON MY STIMULATOR SURGERY

[ Edited ]

Hello again, update on my surgery

All I have to say is WOW, IT WORKS!!!!!!!!

the first 5 days were awful.The stimulator was set at .7. For me that felt like little bugs beneath my skin just crawling around,it was knocking me for a loop. I turned down the stimulator to .1 and each day maybe twice a day I would play around with stimulator to see what I could handle. at day 3 I turned off the i phone pad that was controlling the stimulator, i could not take that buzzy feeling. Something just kept at me to turn the stimulator back on and try to handle the buzzy feeling as best as i could. Each day I got a little bit better at handling the buzzy feeling. Today I am now at 1.0 stimulator and it has changed my life. I can no longer feel that buzzy feeling, tho every now and then I can feel like a fizzy feeling in the bladder area which I think is the stimulator at work.

I can now go 4-5 hours between bathroom breaks. Yesterday I could drive out to Costco and not have to run to the bathroom when I got there, I could do shopping which was pleasent.

there are times I have some serious urges I still have to get up once each night after about 4 hours of sleep especially if I had some water before bed. I still wear my Always for peace of mind and  any accidents I may have,yes I still have accidents but NOTHING near what I was doing before the stimulator was implanted for the trial to see if it works.

I highly recommend this stimulator :: first   talk to  your doctor about it and see if it would right for you for all the leaks and urges that you may be experiencing. 

The keeping track of each time you have to pee and change pads is a pain but it shows how much improvement has come.

Day 1 i was at 15-20 bathroom runs per 24 hour time frame, am now down to 9-10 bathroom runs per 24 hour time frame. It sure has changed my life. 

So looking forward to have the final implantation complete on the 23rd August. The 2 weeks again not doing nothing is a downer,but each day of improvement has been wonderful.

I think I covered everthing lightly overall, hope I wrote everything in order and easily understood.

Honored Contributor

Re: UPDATE ON MY STIMULATOR SURGERY

@viva923    Best of luck for continued success in overcoming your challenges.  It sounds as though it was well worth the chance you took.  Ain't medical science wonderful? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@viva923 

Glad to see all went well for you and you are happy with the results. Nice of you to update here.

Continued improvement and health,

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@viva923 That's GREAT news!!! I'm so happy everything is going so well. I appreciate the detail you documented. I don't have that problem but I admire the way you are keeping track of things and sharing info that might help someone else. Congratulations!!

Respected Contributor

Wonderful news ! best wishes for your full recovery

Respected Contributor

@viva923 

I am so happy this is working so well for you.  I have never heard of this device and I am so glad you were able to get it.  I wish you the best with it!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Yes!!! I'm so thrilled for you. I'm sure that buzzing was weird at first but I'm glad you're used to it and it's given you more freedom in your life! Thank you for keeping us updated and sharing your story. 

Respected Contributor

This is wonderful to hear. So glad you are able to get some relief & I hope it gets even better. Thank you for sharing this process with us. I 'm sure it is helpful to others. Be well;
Trusted Contributor

Glad this is working for you, @viva932. I have not heard of this before. I did see an ad for some shorts that have strategically placed electrical shockers claiming to help the situation.  I think they were called Innovo. Do you think it's the same thing only external?  

Honored Contributor

@viva923   That is great news!  

I mentioned before that I have friend that has a bladder condition, she is going to the bathroom all day and all night for a couple of years.  She gets some type of treatment in the doctors office and I guess it's pretty painful.  

If I am not being to personal, what is your diagnosis?  Possibly my friend has that condition and maybe the procedure could help her.  thank you