Honored Contributor

Re: UPDATE GREAT NEWS PFIZER confirms efficacy for 6 mos & efficacy against S. African variant.

[ Edited ]

What we know right now:

The vaccine is 100% effective for up to six months in preventing severe COVID.

This holds true for protection against the S. African variant.

Honored Contributor

Re: UPDATE GREAT NEWS PFIZER confirms efficacy for 6 mos & efficacy against S. African variant.

Last night on the news, they mention 2 fully vaccinated people had died and several hospitalized.  Didn't say which vaccine they received. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Last night on the news, they mention 2 fully vaccinated people had died and several hospitalized.  Didn't say which vaccine they received. 

Several sites  report that there is no evidence the deaths were caused  by any vaccine!  If interested a person can check things out themselves. I didn't see the news on that, but I'm guessing that they didn't mention the cause of death. So people are naturally going to be suspicious. Another fear factor by the networks that don't report all the facts. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@shoesnbags ..thanks for the clarification.

@Mom2Dogs 

I think we all need degrees in medicine to keep up with this stuff! Heart

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 I think you might mean these two cases from Washington State.

“DOH is investigating two potential vaccine breakthrough cases where the patients died. Both patients were more than 80 years old and suffered underlying health issues,” officials said in a news release." 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

That's good news?  So what do people do after "up to 6 months"?  We all go through vaccination hell again?  And how does each person know when his immunity has ceased?  I guess we resume lock down forever. 

@Kachina624   My Pharmasist told me she will have the vaccine in next week.  The Johnson and Johnson and she said you might need a booster in 6 months.  They can shove this vaccine where the sun don't shine  :0)

Esteemed Contributor

Called my Pharmasist to ask her a question and she said she will have the Johnson and Johnson next week.  I said that is only 67% and she said yes, you might need a booster in 6 months.  I told her to keep her vaccine---NOT INTERESTED IN BEING PUMPED WITH TOXIC CHEMICALS.  

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

That's good news?  So what do people do after "up to 6 months"?  We all go through vaccination hell again?  And how does each person know when his immunity has ceased?  I guess we resume lock down forever. 

@Kachina624   My Pharmasist told me she will have the vaccine in next week.  The Johnson and Johnson and she said you might need a booster in 6 months.  They can shove this vaccine where the sun don't shine  :0)

@BalletBabe  I'm sure people who can't have arm injections will be happy to hear this.  We had a discussion where several people were concerned. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand why you need the vaccine if you already had Covid.

Aren't you immune for awhile?

Covid is going to be like the regular flu......it will never go away....

Respected Contributor

All I can say is I intend to follow the safety guidlines even tho I got my 2 Pfizer shot. My second shot was doozy. I was in bed for 5 days being extremly lightheaded with no energy. Let's face it, this is an area of the unknown & extremly stressful for all. I just lost my cousin to Covid & had family members who had covid including my daughter which scared the hell out me. Too many people are not following the safety guidlines & returning to large gartherings with no masks & not keeping their distance etc. etc. Stay Safe until they can get this under control. Possibly they will come up with a yearly vaccine in the not to distance future. 6 months meh...but it better than nothing!