Honored Contributor

Tylenol .... Due to side effect ... can't take the other two.

Tylenol is the only one of those three that over the years ... various doctors have recommended for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@pprmntstx  I like your moniker! (Which has something to do w/ my response.)

What kind of pain? Headaches? Muscle pain? Body aches?

I'm on the natural route, which has been indispensible for me. Once in a great while I get a migraine. Peppermint oil has always relieved the headache. Not ingesting, of course, but daubing it on where the headache would be, usually at my front hair line.

Peppermint is also supposed to relieve stomach ache, (or nausea) but I don't get that. In that case, I would drink peppermint tea.

I've also massaged peppermint oil on a muscle. That and lavender. Arnica is great for sore muscles, too.

Some daily supplements are known pain reducers: astragalus, tart cherry. I can honestly say that any discomfort (painwise) is very fleeting for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tylenol, Advil, Motrin

[ Edited ]

@pprmntstx 

Can only take Tylenol. The others your title mentions are blood thinners. After  Colonoscopy #16, most solely for bleeding, the last just 5 weeks ago? I deal with the pain the best way I know how, mostly a mental exercise to achieve.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

I always found that for pain or soreness nothing beat Advil, but for a headache nothing beat plain old aspirin.

When I was diagnosed with HBP the doctor told me I could only take Tylenol.  When I rolled my eyes he asked why I didn't like Tylenol.  Other than the fact that it doesn't work I have nothing against it. 

I miss you, Advil!

Respected Contributor

I take Tylenol.  I have low platelets and Advil /Motrin are not recommended.

Esteemed Contributor

@781Florist wrote:

I always found that for pain or soreness nothing beat Advil, but for a headache nothing beat plain old aspirin.

When I was diagnosed with HBP the doctor told me I could only take Tylenol.  When I rolled my eyes he asked why I didn't like Tylenol.  Other than the fact that it doesn't work I have nothing against it. 

I miss you, Advil!

LOL!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

The only thing that seems to work for me is Excedrin, especially for my headaches.  Tylenol simply doesn't do anything for me, I think it's actually a placebo, LOL.

Honored Contributor

Arthritis Strength Ty. 

Honored Contributor

What about Aleve? arent Advil and Motrin the same thing, both ibuprofen. 

Trusted Contributor

@pprmntstx  I use Rapid Release extra strength Tylenol. I am allergic to Advil, Aleve (Ibuprofen) and asprin does nothing for me.  I found Tylenol works best for me anyway.