Respected Contributor

Do you have a favorite seat cushion for your car?

I just ordered one that has the cut out for the tail bone. 

Within the last couple of years, my entire back side and down my back legs get so sore and uncomfortable after setting in the car for a couple of hours. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Tush pain after car trip

I have lumbar spinal stenosis so I lower back, butt and leg pain when I sit for a prolonged period of time.  I bought seat cushions from Amazon.  I have one for the car and one for my chair at home.

Honored Contributor

This is the one I use at home.  I only take it in the car for trips above 3 hours.  Ordered from Amazon

ComfiLife Gel Enhanced Seat Cushion - Non-Slip Orthopedic Gel & Memory Foam Coccyx Cushion for Tailbone Pain - Office Chair Car Seat Cushion - Sciatica & Back Pain Relief (Black)

Esteemed Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Do you have a favorite seat cushion for your car?

I just ordered one that has the cut out for the tail bone. 

Within the last couple of years, my entire back side and down my back legs get so sore and uncomfortable after setting in the car for a couple of hours. 

@granddi 

Driving or passenger?

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn Hi there, It's me the passanger and hubbie the driver. 

A foam roller helps (end of the day) but it is not exactly portable.

Honored Contributor

I do keep the heater on for distance driving and have opt...

I do keep the heater on for distance driving and have options for tilting and firmness in the seat.  These features help with comfort.  @granddi   I hope your new cushion gives you some relief.  I'm sorry you are having this experience with your back/legs.  

Honored Contributor

Re: I do keep the heater on for distance driving and have opt...

OP, Please start walking!! I'm a walker and trust me it cures every ailment! You need exercise in your life. I sprained my ankle when I slipped on ice this winter and had to give up my walking regime. Geesh, when I began going on my walks again was I ever achy!! Getting back in shape and no more achy joints or muscles. Try it.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I have arthritis in my tailbone from breaking it when I was young.  I also have had sciatic and bursitis on my left side the last couple of years.  What I find helps is stopping often to stretch and move around a bit.  I also use my "MY Pillow" travel pillow which I like because I just squeeze it in behind my left side and it gives me comfort and support.

And yes, you need to move in your everyday life, exercise is so helpful!