Contributor

Re: Trying to drink more water....

I too hate the 'taste' of water but know I am better off if I can drink as much as possible during the day.  I do think it helps with the wrinkles.

Here's my trick (not really a trick):

1. Slice lemons
2. Place on parchment paper on cookie tray in freezer, turning once.

3. When completely frozen place in a ziploc sandwich bag (made for frozen foods).

They will last in the freezer for a very long time. 

I usually break a slice in half and put it in my insulated mug  with a small amt. of stevia.  Keep refilling the mug with water throughout the day.

And that is how I get my water in everyday.  Works for me!

Respected Contributor

Last month when I went to see my Endo, she looked at my tongue and said, " you're tongue is dry, you have to drink more water. I'm working on drinking more water. The only reason I don't drink as much as I should is because of the constant trips I have to make to the bathroom. If I'm going out and about, I have to use the bathroom at every stop. It's the same if I drink coffee.  When I use to go to WW they said you could add Crystal light to your water and it still counted as water.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Trusted Contributor

I don't believe the 8 8oz glasses of water per day is actually a rule we all need to live by.  As long as you are not dehydrated and your urine is clear you are getting enough water.  We get water from fruits and vegetables as well.  Coffee and tea actually cause dehydration so its not good to only drink those throughout the day.

You could try adding Mio drops to your water.

Drinking water will get easier over time.  As your body gets use to having more water you will spend less time in the bathroom.  While at work I always have a water bottle with me and I refill it at least once per day, if not more.  I have been doing this for over 20 years so its just my habit.

Sometimes even just adding ice cubes and making the water cold makes it easier to drink.  My kids put ice cubes in their water bottles before going to school because they find it easier to drink this way.

Trusted Contributor

I do find you start to crave water as you start to up your intake, but I live where there's really good city water which helps.

I normally have a cup of coffee around me all day but I still drink a lot of water or sometimes Crystal Light. I keep two Contigo bottles of water in my fridge and I'm constantly opening the fridge and just chugging some. I don't actively try to drink down a glass.

Honored Contributor

@vickie25   WHY a metal straw?  I use a hard plastic one that I wash often.  Why metal?   

Respected Contributor

I prefer seltzer to flat water.  So that's how I get my intake up. I chug that stuff, it's so refreshing.  Once you find the watery drink you like, you'll drink a lot of it.  

Honored Contributor

I drink flavored seltzer.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@vickie25   WHY a metal straw?  I use a hard plastic one that I wash often.  Why metal?   

If you're reusing one, that's the main thing.  We all know about the big plastic blob growing in size in the ocean.

I also wanted to mention that if you're thirsty, you're already dehydrated.  So that's not something you want to use to gauge your water intake.

Best wishes, @SeaMaiden 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

Not a fan of water either but as nutty as it sounds I buy the 8 ounce bottles of water and because they are small I find myself drinking more.  I just refill the one bottle all day.  

Honored Contributor

I have a tendency to get dehydrated easily, so I drink as much water as I can.  I use only Zero water and fill that container once a day, it’s quite large. 

I keep a 16 oz metal canteen next to my bed and refill that with the zero water.  We have a very chemical taste to our water here, so I never drink from the tap.

If I drink three full canteens of water a day, that seems to keep my urine very light or practically clear.  However, at my age I have a lazy bladder.  If I find myself dribbling out, I then push more water.

My youngest daughter is an exercise and water freak.  Sometimes when she comes to visit even for an hour, she’s in the bathroom six times.  I think you can overdo the water and I mention that to her, but of course she doesnt listen.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986