Honored Contributor

Re: Trying to drink more water....

@vickie25   For some reason, the straws really help.  We like the glass as well as the metal and you can see that they are clean.  Downfall....they can be fragile.

Esteemed Contributor

I try to keep a pitcher of water by the kitchen sink as a reminder.  I sometimes add lemon to the pitcher.  For me, this works.  I can drink it at room temperature or add ice.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Drinking water first thing in the morning and last at night....two down!  I usually squeeze a lime/lemon into the water. 

I've found when my body adjusted to a higher water intake, it began to thrive on and desire more water.  Because I daily eat plenty of high water content fruit/veggies I'm not as concerned with the 64oz goal. 

herbal teas contain antioxidents as well as hydration = win/win

Here is a list of 10 healthy herbal teas you might want to try.
  1. Chamomile Tea. Share on Pinterest. ...
  2. Peppermint Tea. Peppermint tea is one of the most commonly used herbal teas in the world . ...
  3. Ginger Tea. ...
  4. Hibiscus Tea. ...
  5. Echinacea Tea. ...
  6. Rooibos Tea. ...
  7. Sage Tea. ...
  8. Lemon Balm Tea.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @SeaMaiden 

What "they say" is to stay well hydrated, and all fluids count, not just plain water.

64oz is not a 'rule', but a "more or less" guideline.

To your question tho, I started putting a 16oz bottle of water at my bedside at night, and I'd drink it without any problem right away when I woke up.

I'm not fond of water so was surprised at how easily that went down. After I started doing that, getting the rest of my daily fluids were easy. I found I had been chronically under hydrated.

After increasing my fluid intake my sinuses drained and headache went away, joints eased up and I felt well enough to stick to my exercise goals. In no time I was aerobic daily plus lifting weights.

Yup. All that from a new habit of starting everyday with a 16oz bottle of water.

Esteemed Contributor

Hardly any water for me too. Only when I need to get my pills down. I see almond milk at the stores and next time I am going to try it. The name sounds yummy.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

I find I can drink unlimited water if I squeeze in juice from a fresh Orange 🍊 or peel and slice a cucumber 🥒 lengthwise and add to a pitcher of crushed ice, and water.  Kiwi 🥝 is good too.

For those using Straws,  I have read several times that straws, like cigarettes, can contribute to UPPER LIP LINES.   No idea if this is TRUE or not, so Please do not JUMP on me.  JUS’ Sayin’.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I drink a lot of water ... several bottles a day.  Always have a stock of bottled water in the fridge.  Always a bottle near my chair, in my tote when I go out. 

I just had an ice coffee and going to grab a bottle out of the fridge before I go to bed.  Doc told my SIL that it helps prevent leg cramps.  I tried it ... it works!

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

I find I can drink unlimited water if I squeeze in juice from a fresh Orange 🍊 or peel and slice a cucumber 🥒 lengthwise and add to a pitcher of crushed ice, and water.  Kiwi 🥝 is good too.

For those using Straws,  I have read several times that straws, like cigarettes, can contribute to UPPER LIP LINES.   No idea if this is TRUE or not, so Please do not JUMP on me.  JUS’ Sayin’.

----------------------------------

I've used straws for years ... it may be true for others but it isn't true for me.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

They say try for 8 -8OZ  glasses a day....I NEVER DRINK WATER.   I like coffee, almond milk...tea. But I think I should drink more plain water.  Today I got down 3- 8 OZ GLASSES. I JUST DO NOT THINK I COULD GET DOWN 8!  Does it get easier  to drink more? 

I never drank it either, but discovered a product called Mio, a flavoring that you put in water,I buy bottled water, about 5 squirts in each bottle and I easily drink 6 a day and night together. I bought the last at Amazon, but Walmart and grocery stores sell it. My favorite is Tangerine orange. Yes i use a straw, and make up 5 or 6 bottles at a time. Try it,makes drinking water so easy and you forget about the soda drinks.

Honored Contributor

Be careful of adding orange juice.....56 calories per orange........can add up really fast...............

♥Surface of the Sun♥