Honored Contributor

Re: Trying to Calm my Virus Fears

@SilleeMee @I wonder if you can call and arrange for these things to be done online.I would sure try.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@SilleeMee @I wonder if you can call and arrange for these things to be done online.I would sure try.

@dex 

Yes, I know things are not the same as when I spoke with my insurance broker weeks ago who told me I need to go to the SSA place. When the time comes closer then I'm going to call SSA and ask if there is any way I could do it online or over the phone somehow.  There are other people in my shoes and I'm sure SSA must have a plan...I would think anyway.  I also heard on our local news about drivers license renewals being extended until things become more stable. That would be nice!

Honored Contributor

I am no stranger to anxiety; my mother and her entire family were walking advertisements for the word.   It’s a miracle my brothers and I are the people we are today after living with a mom who always seemed to be wound tighter than a drum, and ready to fall off the edge.   She’s 86 and still that way.

Thankfully, my brothers and I inherited our strength and resolve from our dad, and his farm family.   Regardless of what comes our way, we just face it head on and do whatever we need to do.   I don’t sit and worry about things I have no control over; I just never doubt my strength and ability to deal with whatever enters my world.   

Honored Contributor

excellent mantra....

@RedTop wrote:

Regardless of what comes our way, we just face it head on and do whatever we need to do.   I don’t sit and worry about things I have no control over; I just never doubt my strength and ability to deal with whatever enters my world.   

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 

Glad "writing it out" helps you.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

If you get gas for your car make sure you go to a station which someone fills up your tank.dont touch the gas hose yourself.

@heart of savino 

I honestly haven’t come across this type of station in 25 years or so. Guess I’ll just have to be satisfied with hand sanitizer after I fill up. (Also after using drive-up at the bank!)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@heart of savino wrote:

If you get gas for your car make sure you go to a station which someone fills up your tank.dont touch the gas hose yourself.

@heart of savino 

Can't even remember the decade I last saw a station that has someone that pumps gas. But then again being in the "sticks country" of Nebraska, compared to Philly!

Just filled up our gas miser about an hour ago, made sure to "scrub-adub-dub", my hands when I got home. I've always done that anyways as my hands must inhale the fumes. When I was into auto racing they permanently spelled of some type of fuel.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

My gas station supplies disposable mitts for gassing up.  Maybe keep disposable gloves in the car?

@FastDogWalker2 ,

Really?  We are lucky around here to find "free air" for our tires. Some places don't even have an attendant on duty during regular hours. Mitts? Well I'll be a son of a preacher man!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Yes, it is very easy right now to let our anxiety get bad.  Not only the media and the news but at work we are having daily meetings on the virus.  We were told yesterday we may be working from home soon.  I am lucky enough that I can work from home.  My husband works in a factory and can not.  My daughter in college was told today the all have to go home after spring break next week and all classes will finish online.  I am hoping we are all over reacting to this and a few months from now everything will be back to "normal."  The old saying,  plan for the worst and hope for the best..........  I do know I am stress eating.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop 

You sound a whole bunch like me. Things "out of my control"? I see only adding more angst when people get so worked up over things which they have absolutely no control. Maybe it's somewhat genetic, but there are some genetic predispositions, that can be changed, or at least minimized. He!!, look at you and your brother!  Yea!!!

hckynut

hckynut(john)