Honored Contributor

Re: Trying CBD oil - and a pleasant surprise maybe?

I wish I could take it to help my restless legs, but I take a blood thinner and it says online that you shouldn't take it if you are on a blood thinner. I asked my doctor about it and he said no studies have been done as far as he knows on the effects of CBD oil on people who take blood thinners or who have arrhythmia. My doctor said he would not take it until those guide lines were established, but it was up to me if I wanted to take the risk. I would be a study subject for CBD oil if their was such a thing.

Super Contributor

I was looking to add some information to an existing thread,

as starting a new one about CBD didn’t seem appropriate for some reason.

Anyway, I recent found a fantastic website for CBD products in all ranges of potency.

These products include Tinctures, Oils, Balms, Capsules and items for pets.

This site offers a substantial discount for Veterans (me) as well as lower income folks.

I have NO CONNECTION to this website.....other than as a customer.

The site is named lazarusnaturals.

I first tried Amazon’s Hemp Oil, called GreenIvie. (meaning only available on Amazon), although there are hundreds of brands.

Im ordering the *food grade* Coconut Oil next, which can be used 

in/externally.

I have read nothing but fantastic customer Reviews on their website.

Take a peek if interested!

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I wish I could take it to help my restless legs, but I take a blood thinner and it says online that you shouldn't take it if you are on a blood thinner. I asked my doctor about it and he said no studies have been done as far as he knows on the effects of CBD oil on people who take blood thinners or who have arrhythmia. My doctor said he would not take it until those guide lines were established, but it was up to me if I wanted to take the risk. I would be a study subject for CBD oil if their was such a thing.

@blackhole99 

Try magnesium oil for the restless legs.

Valued Contributor

I use a CBD ointment on my arthritic knees.  It helps immensely.  I buy it locally at Sprouts.

Honored Contributor

I began using CBD oil about 10 months ago, primarily for anxiety and insomnia.  It has been a life saver for me.  I am fortunate to live in a city where I can buy in person from a very good source (I did the research - there's a lot of ****** out there now that CBD, no matter what quality, is in everything). 

I, too, take a tincture.  It can take a bit of tweaking to find the right dosage for you (too little, no effect, too much, the opposite of the desired effect).

I just won't be without it now.  

Trusted Contributor

@PilatesLover  Please research Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN).  I've been reading about this for a couple of months now. I'm not currently using it myself but very interested. So far my diet has my autoimmune disease stabilized but if I should get worse I will definitlely take LDN. LDN is an "off label" med used to treat a multitude of infections and diseases including RA. Very simply It modulates the immune system by endorphin release which in turn decreases inflammation.  I understand that many AI sufferers use both CBD and/or LDN.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Deree wrote:

@PilatesLover  Please research Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN).  I've been reading about this for a couple of months now. I'm not currently using it myself but very interested. So far my diet has my autoimmune disease stabilized but if I should get worse I will definitlely take LDN. LDN is an "off label" med used to treat a multitude of infections and diseases including RA. Very simply It modulates the immune system by endorphin release which in turn decreases inflammation.  I understand that many AI sufferers use both CBD and/or LDN.

Thank you @Deree I'll definitely check it out.

So now that this discussion is refreshed, here's an update on my personal reactions:

• Digestion - heartburn and reflux relief is continuing; regularity benefits decreasing
  • Good sleep and less anxiety - benefits are waning
  • Relief from RA joint pain - was never great to begin with and that patterns continue.

From my research it seems I need a larger dose but that's not in my budget right now.  The stuff is too expensive, but with more farms and popularity I hope the price will start to come down.  For now I will continue on the lower dose because of the reflux benefits.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PilatesLover  There's an excellent forum on LDN you should join as well as researching it. I won't post the link here but it's called low dose naltrexone for chronic illness and infections.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Valued Contributor

Google Black Friday CBD deals...there are several hat extend through Monday with good discounts and free shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam