Trusted Contributor

Trying CBD oil - and a pleasant surprise maybe?

[ Edited ]

I've tried CBD for my RA in the past but never took enough to see any difference.  A good quality, pure CBD at the organic co-op cost $60.00 for a low mg., eeny weeny bottle so I took it sparingly - no benefit to anyone of course.

Last week I noticed they have a much larger selection, including gummies, creams and CBD treats for dogs!! Smiley Surprised  The price is much more reasonable now so I began taking it regularly.

So far it hasn't been long enough to see any arthritis help - but my LPR* is suddenly improved.  I hope it's not a coincidence.  I can't take PCPs so I'm sure hoping it's the CBD

*LPR = laryngopharyngeal refux

Respected Contributor

Re: Trying CBD oil - and a pleasant surprise maybe?

What are you taking?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PilatesLover :  What kind of a dose of a dog product do you even take?  How do you decide the dose?  DH takes edible CBD oil (and our small dog took some for her st iff back legs) and for both of them it helped quickly but they took the recommended dose, so we still had a lot leftover.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Janey2 it is a brand called Sunsoil from Vermont.  The expensive one I had tried didn't taste too bad at all.  This one is strong, it tastes very "marijuana-y."

@patbz I think you have to consult with a doctor or someone at a dispensary to know an exact dose for your personal problems.  (Or a vet, LOL.)  

I'm just taking half a dropper a.m. and p.m. until I can see a person at the dispensary.  I'm hoping to experience the joint relief so many get soon - but for now, I'm also sleeping like a lamb at night which is a blessing in and of itself.

Esteemed Contributor

This is a relatively new product, and no one knows what the long-term effects will be. I was tempted to try it, but too sensitive to medications and supplements. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PilatesLover :  My point is that you are taking a product made for dogs (not humans !!!!).  The reason that it tastes stronger is that it is probably made using stems and pieces, NOT buds!!l).  How can someone at the dispensary advise you?  Do you weigh the same as a poodle?  Or a Great Dane?  I think that you may be kidding yourself (spring for the "human" medicine or find another way to find relief!

Valued Contributor

I don't think she was saying she took the one for dogs, but that they had treats for dogs.

Esteemed Contributor

Sure sounds like she is taking an oil ( "half a dropper")and that it is one made to treat dogs).  Hopefully OP will clarify.

Trusted Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Sure sounds like she is taking an oil ( "half a dropper")and that it is one made to treat dogs).  Hopefully OP will clarify.

No, I'm not taking the dog treats. Smiley Very Happy  I'm taking a tincture made for humans.

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover 

I have been taking CBD oil for about 8 months.

How I knew it was working was that I left it behind last time June we went out of town (thought I didn't want to bother). 

Yes, I knew it was working by the time we returned home to it.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~